Ensure existing facilities are well maintained and repaired.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate and monitor the following areas of repair:
- Fire Inspection Issues; exit sign light repairs; battery replacement for backup lighting; door and hardware adjustments & repair; key and key control assistance; electrical repairs, minor moves, adds, and changes, small wiring projects, & low voltage; appliance repairs; banner and sign installations; HVAC minor moves, add, and changes, a/c filter changes; drywall repairs; minor carpentry; moving books, files, boxes, classroom furniture; replacing light bulbs, ballasts & fixtures; painting projects; ceiling tile replacement; playground maintenance, athletic areas, grounds repairs; equipment audits, building inspections; safety issues, repairs; small landscaping projects; additional items as they arise.
- Manage Contractors. (General contractors, plumbers, electricians, A/C replacements, locksmiths, fencing, playgrounds, site work, v/d, alarm & security systems, roofers, etc.)
- Identify & isolate larger problems, meet with contractors, obtain bids.
- Monitoring of time and materials, scheduling and tracking of all maintenance related issues and repairs. Direct oversight of all repair, maintenance and special project analysis, and decisions.
- Track and report status of open projects. Provide historical data for analyzing trends.
- Track time, mileage, materials, tools.
- Oversight of special projects, facilitate and troubleshoot ongoing construction and maintenance issues with schools and building services.
- Monitor and create estimates, schedules, and timelines for new and existing project deliverables.
- Create and build preventative maintenance processes and monitoring systems for extended life of facility related components.
- Maintain and monitor building compliance with Building Codes & Standards for local, city, county, state, and federal agencies.
- Travel within and outside the state as the job dictates.
- Participate, successfully, in the training programs offered to increase the individual's skill and proficiency related to the assignments.
- Review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibility.
- Ensure adherence to OSHA and maximum safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as delegated by Director of Projects & Facilities.
- Follow federal and state laws, as well as company policies.
Assistant Director of Projects & Facilities will assess the effectiveness annually with respect to the performance of specific responsibilities.
- Must carry hand-held radio at all times while on school property if assigned by Supervisor
- Must stay on school property at all times. From beginning of work day until the end of the day, including lunch.
- Assigned a 30-minute lunch break but the time of the lunch period will be changed accordingly to the school's needs. All Facilities Maintenance Coordinators are required to report and assist with all emergency situations as needed.
- No Facilities Maintenance Coordinator is allowed to leave campus to run errands.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of construction trades and facilities maintenance requirements including ability to understand, communicates, and deals effectively with vendors and contractors.
- Supervisory experience in leading work crews and direct oversight of technicians. Ability to provide maintenance and repair management of multiple locations.
- Strong knowledge and experience in reading and understanding building plans and blueprints. Ability to perform intermediate level mathematical functions and calculations.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, expert in communication, writing, and documentation abilities.
- Familiarity with OSHA, state and local building and fire codes, and inspection processes.
- Strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize wisely.
- Computer knowledge and experience with all Microsoft Office software, ability to manage online documentation of service requests, utilize time and material tracking programs.
- Education -- minimum high school graduate with continuing education in a construction or facilities related filed.
- Experience -- A minimum of 4 years of facilities related maintenance and/or construction trade experience.
- Special Qualifications --Must possess the above knowledge, skills, and abilities (Skills and Knowledge).
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual office working conditions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Travel within or outside of state.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is non-exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA's policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Apply on company website