Senior Innovation Engineer
Senior Innovation Engineer The Senior Innovation Engineer will be a key member of the Fulfillment Future Lab, identifying and implementing innovation in our fulfillment services. This role is to focus on the intermediate time horizon (6-18 months), connecting available market offerings with Radial's day-to-day value delivery. Collaborating with internal and external teams to design high quality, cost effective solutions for our Fulfillment Services network, this person will create and maintain an innovation roadmap, and they will own multiple projects simultaneously, from concept realization through design approval.
- Conduct market assessments of relevant technologies and providers. Technologies are to include, but not be limited to, WMS, WCS, WES, robotics, sortation, storage mechanisms, and labor planning.
- Develop specific roadmaps for evolving Radial's fulfillment capabilities in the areas of technology and automation.
- Make data-driven recommendations, matching available technologies with current or future value stream needs.
- Lead the technical assessment of potential suppliers, co-engineer the solutions with them and assist with the selection, use and application of automated processes.
- Manage projects to procure, pilot, and implement new technologies and partners.
- Develop detailed test cases for simulation to evaluate the automation solution in partnership with operation and other cross functional team members, make recommendations for piloting the technologies, participate acceptance testing to ensure the solution meet or exceeds the requirements. Specifically ensure the design is capable of handling edge cases.
- Run alpha and beta tests for innovative automation solutions, ways to integrate them and make recommendations to the engineering leadership team on potential solutions that meet/exceed the requirements of network wide deployment.
- Support continuous improvement by actively adhering to lean principles, design of experiments, failure mode effect analysis, Design for Six Sigma, design for successful, flexible operation.
- Actively engage with Engineering and Operations teams to advise of best usage of current tools.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving - Be an expert in solving complex problems by understanding the underlying root cause of a difficult situation/requirement and solve it using creative methods. Ability to break down complex problems into small parts and solve them in a systematic manner that achieves the overall desired results. Ability to identify and evaluate multiple options and alternatives and effectively determine the appropriate action based on available information.
- Judgment - Uses objective financial and business analyses to evaluate the returns and risks of business choices. Analyzes and integrates trends and patterns to determine the root causes of problems and identify solutions. Evaluates short- and long-term implications of decisions. Leverages experience to assess existing technologies, with the vision to see what could be, and can properly calculate risk to make sound judgements upon which technologies to pursue.
- Execution and Results - Uses the advantage of company size, internal and external resources, and talent to achieve success. Applies broad, cross-functional knowledge and resources to produce results that best fit the company strategy. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, resources, and initiatives to ensure accomplishment of critical results.
- Client Focused - Creates and maintains an environment that provides clients with desired products, services, and experiences. Combines experience, insight, and data to determine how to best exceed client needs. Engages directly with clients and develops and implements initiatives, practices, and plans to capitalize on client-focused growth and improvement opportunities. Ensures the removal of barriers to delivering exceptional client, service, and support.
- Planning and Improvement - Develops and implements plans and practices ensuring others have the information, resources, implementation time, and talent needed to succeed.
- Continuous Improvement - Engages in continuous improvement and elimination of non-value-added work. Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), Design of Experiments (DOE), Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Design for Six Sigma, design for Mean Time To Repair (MTTR), etc. as appropriate.
- Organized with a bias toward action – Drives for implementation, willing to take calculated risks, manage projects from start to finish.
- Ethics and Compliance - Supports an environment where adherence to and reinforcement of the highest standards of integrity and ethics are the norm. Identifies opportunities and acts to enhance compliance
Apply on company website