Job Description Details
Under general supervision of the Regional Staffing Manager, identifies staffing need for all distribution functions based on site production standards and assumptions. Utilizes information provided by Distribution Planning and Analysis group to effectively schedule and manage staffing levels within each department.
Who We Are
Works with site management and the corporate analysis group on developing all outbound staff schedules based on the overall-staffing plan. Identifies base, seasonal, flex, and overtime needs for all direct and indirect positions.
- Coordinates site's open employee requisitions and works with HR and Distribution Planning on all staffing issues
- Participates in site/corporate meetings relative to short and long term planning. First point of contact for all staffing inquiries, reports, etc. Supports budget development and variance justification process (work with Distribution Planning on this as well)
- Conducts employee schedule preference bids consistent with the site base scheduling requirements.
- Develops computer-based models for staffing and operations to maximize production.
- Works closely with corporate outbound analysis group by communicating varying assumptions and deviations to the staff plan/forecast (absenteeism, vacations and meetings).
- An undergraduate degree in a related field is preferred
- Background in staff planning and forecast development.
- Excellent analytical skills required with 1 -3 years scheduling experience.
- Similar operational experience associated with the site activity to include an understanding of workflow processing with 1-year experience preferred
- A strong working knowledge of Excel and Access is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to interface with senior management.
- Solid time management skills are essential.
- Familiarity with statistical measurements is essential.
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website