Job Description Details
Qurate Retail Group (QRG) is seeking a Senior Level Full Stack Software Engineer to join an organization known for being #1 in video commerce, a top-10 ecommerce retailer, and a leader in mobile commerce and social commerce – and to become part of the team that reinvents the shopping experience, driving daily digital discovery through personalized web and streaming experiences.
Who We Are…
Be a part of delivering tomorrow's innovations today! We are a leader in ecommerce technology solutions, from designing applications to creating entirely new platforms. Technology is at the core of all that we do. If you are energized by a dynamic engineering environment that encourages technical curiosity, collectivism, courage and a desire to grow professionally, then we want to talk to you!
- Responsible for leading and contributing in development activities supporting Merchandising Systems directly supporting multiple global digital eCommerce platforms across web and mobile apps.
- Help define short and long term strategic roadmaps and implementation of the roadmap enabling strategic business goals.
- Develop and foster close relations with key stake holders within business organization as well as IT organization to understand their requirements and to help shape implementation roadmap supporting strategic business goals.
- Provides thought leadership to rest of the development team
- Help Scrum Master in determining sequence of development execution
- Own and deliver design artifacts for each sprints
- Develop d web applications and RESTful APIs using 12 factor application principles.
- Apply knowledge of the latest trends in the industry and engage with other team members to consult and help to implement appropriate technology practices / solutions
- Own and lead design principles for a specific product.
- Experience with CI/CD/CT implementations for the product (including establishing code quality practices, code merge practices, establishing test automation practices)
- Set up sustainable and automated code quality / review practices
- Ensure implementations are highly scalable, highly available, performant and secure
- Estimate own and in some case feature level work effort for input to project planning.
- Escalate delays, issues, risks and highlights to project managers and/or project leads.
What You Bring
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of related experience
- Experience with Agile methodology (Scrum) is a must
- Experience with Front End frameworks like Angular/React/Vue
- Experience with highly scaled, highly available, highly performant and secure Digital eCommerce platforms
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) like Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Experience in technical leadership role for a large enterprise class systems
- Experience with RDBMS and / or NoSQL DB / Object oriented DB
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (using toolsets such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Octopus, Maven, Artifactory, Jmeter, Gatling, Junit, etc.)
- Expertise in building RESTful APIs and applications using Java
- Experience with mobile iOS and/or Android applications a plus
- Experience in Spring Framework
- Experience with Spring Boot & Spring Cloud
- Experience with Spring Batch & Spring Integration a plus
- Experience with cloud native app architecture and design principles
- Experience with deploying to containers
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website