Job Description Details
Are you skilled with scenic construction?
QVC's Studio Operations department has an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to become an On Call/Freelance* Production Artisan/Carpenter at our Studio Park location in West Chester, PA.
*This position is On Call. (Hours are during the day shift ; Weekdays or Weekends).
Must reside locally, approximately 40 miles from West Chester, PA.
Who We Are
Under the supervision of the Manager of Studio Operations, the On Call Scenic Carpenter/Production Artisan constructs and produces sets, environments and fixtures that best support the on air image, presentation and sales of individual product, as well as maintain the style of QVC.
Constructs scenery utilizing a variety of construction techniques and materials, including, but not limited to, working in wood, steel, aluminum, plastics, fiberglass, foams (polyurethane, polystyrene, extruded, etc.), laminates and composites. Paints scenery utilizing a variety of scene painting techniques and materials that are common to the industry. Handles sign production utilizing Gerber vinyl and CNC equipment with Photoshop and Gerber software. Assists with large set changes and load-ins.
This includes but is not limited to, assembly and disassembly of sets and rigging, scenic painting of floor, placement of furniture and set props. Organizes and maintains warehouse of sets and furniture, including repair of sets and furniture. Also inventory control as new sets come in and old are discarded. Ensures that the shop is properly supplied by maintaining an inventory spread sheet and consequently ordering needed supplies in a specific area such as hardware.
What You Bring
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in carpentry or set construction
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a related art field, television production OR equivalent combination of training and experience required.
- Ability to manage high volume workload at an accelerated pace.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines required.
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to comprehend and apply complex information.
- Ability to differentiate between colors.
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Ability to access and enter information quickly and accurately using an automated system.
- Ability to operate general office equipment (i.e., fax machine, photocopier, printer, etc.) stationed between 3 and 4 feet high.
- Ability to lift items weighing approximately 70 lbs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to perform basic/advanced math calculations.
- Ability to work on elevated surfaces (i.e., lighting rafters, etc.).
****Please include a link for us to view photos of your work.****
*This position is On Call/Freelance, and may be during week or on weekends*
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website