Job Description Details
Reporting directly to the VP of Internal Audit, the Director of Internal Controls will lead in the management of the internal controls framework across the global organization through significant interaction and attention to Information Systems and those responsible for SOX compliance and various process owners throughout the organization. The role is based in QVC's headquarters in West Chester, PA.
Who We Are
Internal Audit is a Qurate Retail Group- QRG function with responsibilities across all of the retail brands including: QVC, HSN, Zulily, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, Garnet Hill, Grandin Road and Ryllace. One core function of this team is to offer assurance that risks have been adequately defined and correctly evaluated. The team examines organization's tolerance for risk, its plans for detecting and mitigating risk and communicating and monitoring risk appropriately.
- Determining scoping for internal controls assessment based on risks and materiality
- Perform annual and ongoing risk assessments in accordance with COSO 2013, including maintenance of a control register and an inventory of SOX-relevant IT applications (SAP)
- Manage ongoing compliance and updates to process documentation and control matrices for existing SOX processes as well as assisting in the creation of documentation for new processes
- Plan, coordinate, and execute periodic control testing
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with Internal Audit and other risk and control professionals across the organization
- Develop strong relationships with key business/functional stakeholders to develop a thorough understanding of the business, relevant financial reporting risks and core processes
- Prepare and educate business partners and control owners on requirements and expectations for internal controls assessments
- Ensure successful execution of the quarterly SOX certification process
- Build and maintain a collaborative relationship with External Auditors related to the Company's internal controls program to ensure an effective and efficient audit over internal controls
- Actively maintain and manage remediation of control design and operating effectiveness deficiencies
- Lead in developing and communicating key accounting and financial reporting policies throughout the organization
- Lead strategic projects to deliver improved processes and controls based on risk and design assessment or driven by new regulations
What You Bring
- 10-12 years experience overall with a concentration in controls
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6 to 8 years public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and/or internal audit experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred or CISA with financial exposure
- Significant implementation experience with SOX at multinational public companies and experience applying the COSO framework
- Substantial U.S. GAAP policy experience
- SAP experience is a must
About QVC, Inc
QVC, Inc., exceeds the expectations of everyone we touch by delivering the joy of discovery through the power of relationships. Every day, in nine countries, QVC engages millions of shoppers in a journey of discovery through an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products, from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewelry. Along the way, we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories, and award winning customer service. Based in West Chester, Pa. and founded in 1986, QVC has more than 17,000 employees and has retail operations in the U.S., Japan, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, and through a joint venture in China. Worldwide, QVC engages shoppers on 14 broadcast networks reaching approximately 370 million homes, seven websites, and 220 social pages. Visit corporate.qvc.com to learn more.
QVC, Inc., is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ : QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce,#3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at CareersUS@QVC.com for assistance.
Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.
Apply on company website