Full Time Opportunity
Obtain and analyze financial information for the preparation of the Corporation's financial statements that are presented to management and filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) on a quarterly basis. Keep up to date in accounting pronouncements that impact financial transactions executed by the business and/or require new disclosures in the financial statements. Knowledge in the SEC's XBRL requirements and its impact on the preparation of financial reports filed with the SEC. Actively provide support in other duties on an as needed basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Excellent analytical skills to identify situations as they arise, provide alternatives and collaborate in the decision making process.
• Excellent research and analytical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, both in English and Spanish.
• Expertise in the analysis of financial information.
• Proficiency in the preparation of financial statements and ability to engage in business discussions.
• Assist in the accounting evaluation of special transactions or consultations referred by the business units.
• Assist in the evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to be a team player.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Proficiency in MS Office: Word, Outlook and Excel.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
At least two years of experience in the preparation of financial statements and the evaluation and adoption of new accounting pronouncements.
Collaboration & Teamwork
Popular Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Otros / Otros
Apply on company website