Providence is calling a Clinical Director of Integrated Behavioral Health (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) at Providence Medical Group Southwest Washington. The Clinical Director's primary responsibilities are to provide program management and oversight of Providence Medical Group's Integrated Behavioral Health services. The director provides individual and group clinical supervision in accordance with professional standards, government regulations and accreditation requirements. The director also provides clinical services at West Olympia Family Medicine (0.6 FTE).
- Collaborate with medical group and primary care leadership in promoting multi-disciplinary, team-based care. Provide subject matter expertise as it relates to provision of behavioral health services and mental health treatment in a primary care environment.
- Lead and supervise integrated behavioral health clinicians through appropriate use of interpersonal skills to guide others to accomplish objectives and personal development.
- Facilitate teamwork, quality improvement, and quality assurance of behavioral health care.
- Delegate work so team members have the necessary direction, authority and skills to complete assignments.
- Manage stressful situations and help clinical staff meet challenging deadlines or persevere through crisis situations.
- Seek creative methods of conflict resolution in relation to patient encounters and team dynamics.
- Set the strategic direction for integrated behavioral health with stakeholder engagement. Use leadership principles to anticipate and influence change. Determine resources and actions needed to accomplish objectives.
- Be responsible for assisting with scheduling and staffing of shift/workteam. Evaluate patient billing and accounts receivable issues. Conduct utilization review.
- Have a working knowledge of community behavioral health concepts, practices and theory and be able to provide the therapy and treatment necessary for clients. Be able to provide the necessary assessment, treatment and referral for clients
- Role model collaboration and partnership with providers, primary team members and other departments. Schedule regular meetings with clinical staff to provide clinical supervision, assure completion of records and timely communication of regulatory changes.
- Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in social work, counseling, or mental health
- Obtain and maintain a valid Washington state license as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), or Licensed Clinical Psychologist (LCP) by the Department of Health of the State of Washington.
- Three years of licensed experience in the behavioral health/addiction treatment area.
Where You'll Work
Providence Medical Group - Southwest Washington is an organization of employed physicians and advanced-practice clinicians, providing services in two hospitals and 38 Primary and Specialty Care Clinics within 5 counties in the South Puget Sound region. With more than 300 employed medical providers in 22 specialties, the group offers highly coordinated care for patients by using a shared EMR system. The National Committee for Quality Assurance has recognized its primary care clinics as patient-centered medical homes.
Where You'll Live
Olympia is on the southern tip of scenic Puget Sound, which offers an abundance of activities from beachcombing to salmon fishing to sailing. Olympia and its primary neighboring cities of Tumwater and Lacey have a population of 250,000, offering an abundance of culture, entertainment and an outstanding school system from elementary through university, including The Evergreen State College and Saint Martin's University.
Who You'll Work For
Providence is a nationally recognized, comprehensive health care organization spanning seven states with a universal mission – to provide compassionate care to all who need its services, especially the poor and vulnerable. Its 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 800 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services. Providence: one name, one family, one extraordinary health system.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Job ID Number: 13699
Facility Name: Providence Medical Group - Southwest Washington
Location Name: Olympia
Brand Name: Providence
Provider Profession: Social Worker
Medical Specialty: Psychology
Job Setting: Medical Clinic
Type of Role: Clinical
Type of Role: Medical Director
Phone Number: (425) 525-5994
Schedule: Full Time
Let's get in touch
If you have questions about this specific job or others, I'm all ears. Send me a note and we'll be one step closer to the right opportunity.
Apply on company website