Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Job SummaryIn collaboration with the nurse manager, supervises staff and unit operations and provides direct patient care. Supervises care provided by staff to ensure the delivery of safe and quality patient care on the unit and to ensure appropriate standards of professional nursing practice are maintained in the clinical setting. Maintains high visibility to patients/families and staff on the unit, primarily on off-shifts, and resolves problems as needed. Performs a variety of administrative, human resource, payroll, quality improvement and unit coordination activities. Serves in direct patient care role 50% of the time.
- Oversees a variety of patient care activities in a charge nurse capacity to ensure the delivery of safe and quality patient care on the unit/service. Activities include, but are not limited to: staff allocation and scheduling; patient assignments; rounds; investigation/resolution of patient care issues; coordination of admissions, discharges, and transfers; ensuring appropriate transitions of care between shifts; and interdepartmental coordination.
- Provides direct patient care consistent with the charge nurse/clinical registered nurse job description accountabilities. Maintains all clinical competencies outlined.
- Performs a variety of patient experience activities to ensure that patient experience expectations are met or exceeded. Activities include, but are not limited to: role modeling; staff mentoring/ coaching; patient rounds; service recovery; and problem resolution.
- Assists with continuing staff development to include clinical problem solving and decision making skills. Collaborates with clinical nurse educators to support new staff orientation and training. Maintains records/documentation pertaining to staff competencies, certification and/or licensure. Serves as a professional role model, coach and resource for employees.
- Performs a variety of administrative and quality management activities to ensure that quality expectations and regulatory requirements are met. Ensures unit compliance with departmental, Prisma Health, safety, regulatory, environmental, and infection control standards. Maintains records/ documentation pertaining to regulatory/environmental standards, quality audits or other unit-related record-keeping requirements. Assists Nurse Manager in preparation of Joint Commission visits, etc.
- In collaboration with the Nurse Manager, performs a variety of human resources activities including, but not limited to: interviewing, hiring, evaluating, coaching, counseling, staff rounding and performance management of unit staff. May assist with Payroll processing.
- Assists the Nurse Manager in maintaining unit budget by appropriate allocation and utilization of unit resources. Shares accountability with Nurse Manager for unit/department/organizational goal achievement.
- Assists in planning, directing, and evaluating various short-term and long-term projects for the unit. Develops, submits, implements and evaluates performance objectives for self and unit. Works with health care team members on activities designed to improve patient care outcomes. Participates in Nursing and/or hospital committees and work groups as needed.
Job has direct and/or indirect supervision of team members that may include final budget authority, hire/termination authority, performance appraisal responsibility and disciplinary authority. Job will be considered a member of management staff at Prisma Health Company or affiliate and will have direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- 2 years of RN experience in appropriate area of nursing
Current R.N. Licensure as recognized by South Carolina (Lawson Code NLRN)
In Lieu Of The Above Minimum Requirements
Other Required Skills and Experience
- Previous management or supervisory experience preferred.
- Certified in nursing specialty preferred.
Work ShiftNight (United States of America)
LocationGreenville Memorial Med Campus
Facility1008 Greenville Memorial Hospital
Department10086301 Neonatal Intensive Care
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Apply on company website