Manage and coordinate resources for all aspects of customer orders from order entry through shipment including order validation, scheduling coordination with production, change order negotiations, coordination of customer visits and facilitate witness testing between customer and QA department
- Responsible for all aspects of customer orders from order entry through shipment including: order validation, scheduling coordination with production, change order management and negotiations along with coordination of customer visits and witness testing.
- Resolve all order related issues with a focus on customer service, commercial and contractual obligations.
- Provide proactive leadership and direction for the Project Management Team, the Post Sales Service/Warranty Team and others as necessary.
- Maintain department training/qualification program.
- Attend/Chair meetings as required to resolve issues and provide status updates.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide Order Management/Project Management and project scheduling training to Powell Sales - Projects channel personnel.
- Provide communications link between business and customers regarding order status and progress.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BS/BA Degree with minimum 8 years relevant progressive work experience or BS/BA Degree with MBA, MS or PMI certification plus 6 years minimum relevant work experience.
- In lieu of BS/BA Degree, minimum 15+ years relevant progressive work experience required.
- Previous Project Management experience with P/L responsibilities desirable.
- Previous Project Management managerial or supervisory experience desirable.
- Computer literate with previous experience utilizing Projects related software (ie. - Primavera, Microsoft Projects, Excel and Oracle) with the ability to learn new software programs.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills which must include the ability to work effectively in a matrix environment, collaborating with peers and associates within and across other Powell divisions.
- Ability to coach and develop direct reports.
- Able to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Attend in house and outside training sessions.
- Attend local professional associations.
- Learn policies and procedures, work instruction, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations, and vendor products.
- The employee typically performs duties in a normal office environment. There may be some work in a manufacturing environment and exposure to the elements of our factory. Additionally there may be some work performed in the field with exposure to construction sites or active customer facilities.
- It is the policy of Powell Industries to promote safe working conditions for ALL employees, to make available where necessary special equipment to protect employees against specific hazards, to reduce accidents through prevention programs and to establish rules that are designed for the safety of all. It is the responsibility of each employee to adhere to this policy, as well as to observe all safety practices and exercise every precaution for the safety of accidents.
- This position is expected to travel approximately 5-10% of the time and must be able to travel with short notice and/or for extended periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands to touch, hold, handle, or feel.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
- Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs.
Apply on company website