DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 220-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Most recently, we were named One of America's Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. Most recently, we received the Leapfrog ‘A' Hospital Safety Grade. Why work at Portsmouth Regional Hospital?POSITION SUMMARY: Employee Health Nurse RN
The Employee Health Nurse functions as a member of the Human Resource Department, with responsibilities in the areas of pre-employment and annual health assessments of volunteers and employees, education, health promotion programs and assisting in meeting all state and federal regulations that impact PRH, its employees and volunteers.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Manage the administration of Employee Health policies, procedures and the Employee Health Program. Carry out responsibilities in the following areas:
- Serve as Injury Coordinator for Portsmouth Regional Hospital
- Manage work related injuries for employees of PRH
- Maintains, completes and files OSHA 300 log
- Co-Chair Employee Safety and Security Committee.
- Ensure complete and timely submission of Workers' Compensation
Premium Credit Program with all required elements completed.
- Administers employee health immunization programs; provides required education.
- Provides follow up counseling and testing for employee needle sticks, blood/body fluid exposure
- Develops and implements clinical pathways to facilitate recovery and appropriate return to work.
- Implements and oversees the Hospital's DESSO program.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel and computer access information.
- Maintains and logs occurrence reports on all employee injuries and illnesses to comply with OSHA standards. Evaluates reports for complete and accurate information.
- Managers the hospital's workers compensation program.
- Ensures SC attorney and TPA receive accurate, complete and timely documentation for all WC hearings.
- Coordinate with the HR team regarding LOA, FMLA,WC and ADA issues.
- Assist with pre-employment preparation as a member of the HR team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree preferred
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (up to $5,250/calendar year)
3-7 years of RN related experience, hospital setting preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) License in NH or valid Compact State License
- BLS (American Heart Association Health Care Provider or American Red Cross)
- PALS – within six months of hire
- HCA will pay for certification renewals once employed
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement.
CLICK HERE to learn more about HCA's Comprehensive Benefits Package.Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you!
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website