MDS Coordiantor $8,000 Sign-On Bonus Seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented RN (Registered Nurse) with excellent clinical assessment skills to work with our Nursing Team as a MDS Coordinator. Portland Health & Rehab has a great long and short term unit and take care of a multitude of clinically complex patients to really take advantage of the clinical skills of our licensed nurses. We are offering a $8,000 sign on bonus for this position. We are excited to offer a Monday-Friday schedule in addition we strive to support the work/life balance of our staff. MDS Coordinator Job Summary: Coordinates the development, completion, and transmission of the resident assessment in accordance with requirement; reviews and manages reimbursement in compliance with CMS Federal Regulations and EmpRes Healthcare business standards. Responsible to case manage skilled residents covered by Medicaid, Medicare, and Managed Care/Insurance. MDS Coordinator RN (Registered Nurse) Qualifications:
- Coordinates and monitors the RAI process to guarantee timely completion.
- Follows up with staff when necessary to assure compliance to standards of documentation and reports education needs to Director of Nursing Services.
- Coordinates the collection of data for each patient, assessment, interview, patient, and staff (as necessary) to assure good standard of practice and as instructed by the most current edition of the MDS 3.0 Manual.
- Facilitates accurate determination of the Assessment Reference Date that accurately reflects the patient's care needs and captures resources utilized to guarantee appropriate payment by payer sources reimbursed by the MDS.
- Coordinates and provides interdisciplinary schedule for MDS assessments and care plans as required by OBRA and PPS.
- Guarantees that the IDT make decisions for either completing or not completing additional MDS assessments based on clinical criteria as identified in the most current version of the MDS 3.0 Manual.
- Coordinates with DNS to guarantee that the overall documentation in the medical record supports the MDS coding.
- Provides education to the IDT on MDS coding and completion. Communicates need to complete AIS education for discipline specific coding.
- Works with regional and corporate utilization staff.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license in the state of employment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing process, particularly as it relates to geriatric residents, long-term care, and rehabilitation.
- Familiar with MDS and CMS guidelines, process, and coding
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee stock
- Medical/dental/vision/short & long term disability
Apply on company website