Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Plans, coordinates, and directs quality control program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. This position will be working with a wide variety of corporate leadership, site leadership, site associates, outside vendors and contractors to drive improvement in Safety, Quality, Production Efficiency, Costs and Loss Reduction. This position will develop Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and Lean-Six Sigma capabilities at the site. This position will also have responsibility for planning, leading and supporting TPM implementation at the site including Autonomous Maintenance; Preventative Maintenance, Early Equipment Management and Focus Teams.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine present standards and established proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
- Directs associates engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality and reliability.
- Manages nonconforming product hold system.
- Responsible for authority to release product based on Quality/Analytical test results. Also has authorization to delegate this same responsibility & authority to release product.
- Manages ISO 9000/BOS-QMS system.
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality.
- Maintains a program for instrument calibration.
- Conducts internal and facilitates external audits.
- Supply agreed upon data and reports to customers and vendors.
- Follows and enforces company and local work rules, safety rules, policies and BOS work instructions and SAP standard & activities.
- Knowledge of & focus on site's quality, reliability, scrap & safety goals
- Follows and enforces all enzyme, Micro & Sanitization procedures as mandated by Procter & Gamble.
- Function within the ISO/Team environment to ensure ISO/BOS compliance.
- Oversee development, implementation, review and maintenance of the Food Safety Management System (FSMS) and take appropriate action to maintain its integrity.
- Lead the development and implementation of Pre-requisite Programs and HACCP Plan when applicable.
- Communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the Food Safety Management System (FSMS).
- Initiate action for food safety issues.
Other job related duties as assigned.
- Coordinate with other TPM stakeholders within sites share practices, drive standardization and improve results.
- Provide technical leadership to our site leadership to effect improvements on production lines.
- Understand Plastipak financial metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Map TPM implementation strategy by both milestones and metrics. Track progress of both.
- Lead teams to develop and maintain engineering competencies at the sites by coaching and mentoring to build capabilities.
- Be the subject matter expert on TPM processes and implementation.
- Lead CI events through hands-on participation
- Provide overall support, assistance, direction and communication to Management teams regarding TPM Initiatives
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Initiate action for food safety issues.
- Bachelor's degree from four year college or university; one or two year's related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills as demonstrated by pre-hire or pre-promotion screening & testing, transcripts, and/or references.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated in context of the interview process
- Strong written communication skills as demonstrated by testing, transcripts, or designated methods.
- Strong leadership skills verifiable through pre-hire or pre-promotion screening and verifiable references.
- Computer (software) literate as verified by transcript or references.
- Instrument calibration skills as verified by OJT demonstration.
- Lean Six Sigma experience is required. Black Belt Certification is preferred.
- At least 2 years of industrial manufacturing experience, leading TPM implementation and continuous improvement projects required.
- Experience leading technical resources to successfully maintain production line equipment to achieve high levels of productivity.
- Solid analytical, problem solving, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter and strong leadership skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website