Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Team Leader is responsible for the daily production in a blow molding environment, providing management support to 30 +/- associates and being held accountable for department safety, quality, reliability, and scrap, ensuring correct housekeeping procedures on machinery and in work areas, working knowledge of product orders, and work directly with maintenance to ensure equipment is repaired and maintained.
- Ensures that Associates are working in a safe manner and they understand Plastipak's commitment to safety. Accountable for disciplinary action when safety policies are not followed.
- Responsible for on time completion of monthly safety topics.
- Ensures GMP policies are followed.
- Monitors all Quality documentation ensuring all is in compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards and work with the Associates to increase their understanding and use of Plastipak's ISO policies.
- Coordinates weekly team meetings with Associates.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of motivation.
- Facilitates scheduled work orders.
- Ensures that all materials to fulfill work orders are present.
- Responsible for timely completion of performance evaluations.
- Responsible for effective communication and scheduling with maintenance regarding any and all resources (equipment) issues.
- Work with line leaders to ensure new Associates are receiving proper training
- Accountable for driving safety, quality, reliability, and scrap priorities.
- Accountable to fill in for Technical Process Leader and perform all duties of job
- Initiate action(s) for food safety issues and report the issue(s) and action(s) taken to a member of the Food Safety Team.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Team Oriented
- Self- Motivates and flexible on job assignments.
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Blend of technical, interpersonal skills, and willingness for continuous learning through training.
- Associates degree in Business Management or High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and previous experience in a leadership/management role.
- Works overtime as necessary, based on production needs/demands.
- Regularly stand or sit for long periods of time, up to 12 hours at a time.
- Walking intermittently and long distances, up to 12 hours per day.
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds regularly.
- Ability to visually examine minute defects in parts and product.
- Must be able to reach overhead, bend down, and work on a ladder periodically as needed.
- Able to work on aerial platforms up to 20 ft.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website