Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Plastipak Packaging, Inc. is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Contract Payroll Specialist to pay employees and compile payroll information by managing payroll preparation. The Contract Payroll Specialist will also complete reports, maintain records, process voluntary deductions and tax payments, and provide wage information to third parties in compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability and nontaxable wages.
- Determine payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related business degree preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years payroll or accounting experience required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of SAP payroll, Kronos, Workforce Central, and Workday preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products, particularly strong usage of Excel and Outlook.
Apply on company website