Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and recycling of plastic rigid containers. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship.
Plastipak follows industry leading protocols to address COVID-19, including regular disinfection, electrostatic cleaning and temperature sensing kiosks at most locations. We strictly adhere to all CDC guidelines to provide a safe working environment for our associates and visitors; including face coverings, social distancing, and hand sanitizer stations.
Named one of America's Best Employers in Michigan by Forbes in 2020, Plastipak offers many great benefits, including:
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO) AND COMPANY HOLIDAYS
- PART TIME AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
- 401(K) AND PROFIT SHARING PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
- TUITION ASSISTANCE
- COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE AND DISABILITY
- DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- PET INSURANCE
- TECHNICAL SKILLS TRAINING
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The Process Technician is responsible for the hands-on operation of automated blow molding equipment.
- This position performs mechanical troubleshooting.
- This position makes adjustments and repairs on machinery in the designated work area.
- This position will monitor and perform necessary setting adjustments, and records all changes.
- This position will complete preventative maintenance requirements.
- Has working knowledge of various product orders by following all material requirements and customer requests.
- Performs quality control checks, and helps maintain customer requirements, according to specifications in bottle weights and various dimensions.
- This position follows correct housekeeping and safety procedures.
- This position attends all required training sessions and weekly team meetings.
- This position is responsible for maintaining ISO standards.
- Completes Work Orders and other related documentation in computer and log books, according to BOS Work Instructions.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Regularly stand/walk up to 8 hours at a time.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Team oriented.
- Self-motivation and flexibility of job assignments.
- Work overtime as necessary, based on production needs/demands.
- Blend of technical, interpersonal skills, and continuous learning through training.
- Previous experience in Plastics Technology, Electrical, Electronics, Electro – Mechanical or a similar technical area preferred. Background in manufacturing experience will be considered.
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds regularly.
- Ability to reach, bend, and move around facility.
- Able to work on aerial platforms up to 20 ft.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website