Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and recycling of plastic rigid containers. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship.
Plastipak follows industry leading protocols to address COVID-19, including regular disinfection, electrostatic cleaning and temperature sensing kiosks at most locations. We strictly adhere to all CDC guidelines to provide a safe working environment for our associates and visitors; including face coverings, social distancing, and hand sanitizer stations.
Named one of America's Best Employers in Michigan by Forbes in 2020, Plastipak offers many great benefits, including:
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO) AND COMPANY HOLIDAYS
- PART TIME AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
- 401(K) AND PROFIT SHARING PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
- TUITION ASSISTANCE
- COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE AND DISABILITY
- DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- PET INSURANCE
- TECHNICAL SKILLS TRAINING
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
The line technician is responsible for un-jamming the down stream equipment and packing of a quality container in accordance with customer and / or site specification. Required to perform any or all of the following job duties.
- Visually inspect product for nonconformance. Dispose of nonconforming product in an appropriately marked container.
- Notify Process Technician and Quality Technician of any quality issues.
- Notify Process Technician of any line problems.
- Ticketing of HDPE units and totes
- Relieve co-workers as needed.
- Operate all machinery in a safe manner.
- Coordinate and direct personnel from the contract labor service.
- Follows correct housekeeping and safety procedures.
- Attends all required training sessions and weekly team meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO standards.
- Complete all in-process quality checks and testing.
- Maintain inventory and production schedule along with required paperwork.
- Assist in maintaining downstream equipment.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Team oriented.
- Self-motivation and flexibility of job assignments.
- Manual dexterity, good hand eye coordination.
- Strong Attention to detail.
- Strong mathematics.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Computer Literate.
- Regularly stand / walk for up to 8 hours.
- Ability to bend, reach and move around facility
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website