Pivot Physical Therapy is looking for an experienced Speech Therapist to join our clinic in Montrose, PA!
Adhering to principles consistent with the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, the Speech-Language Pathologist provides for the evaluation, rehabilitation, and treatment for pediatric, adult and geriatric populations in regards to communication, voice, swallowing and cognition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Treats pediatrics, adults and geriatrics within the out-patient facility.
- Adheres to the services in accordance with the measurable result/outcome/goal, frequency, duration, beginning and end dates outlined in patient's Plan of Care.
- Adheres to documentation standards established by Pivot and submits all session notes, outcome summaries and other reports as deemed necessary in a timely manner.
- Maintains a patient visit schedule consistent with the needs of the families in accordance to the facility's procedures.
- Works with the patient's family/caregiver(s) to provide strategies they can work on to address the patients' targeted goals.
- Treats patients of all race, creed, gender, and disability without bias or prejudice
- Respects and understands the patient's/family's right to services and right to involvement in service decisions
- Practices ethical responsibility based on the cultural, ethnic and religious beliefs of the patients served and applicable law
- Prepares and submits reports, assuring confidentiality and following all HIPAA guidelines.
- Attends meetings as required
- Communicates effectively with other members of the therapy team
- Keeps abreast of new techniques and trends in the field of Speech Language Pathology.
- Attends conventions, meetings, or special courses whenever possible and to share with the clinic personnel information gained.
- Prepares and give talks to community groups and participates in community outreach events in support of Pivot's mission, as requested
- Maintains good public relations with all community sources
- Plans for future improvement in procedures and organization of the program
- Keeps current and adheres to policies and procedures as required by the facility.
- Actively participates and adheres to all policies and procedures as enumerated in the Corporate Compliance program
- Adheres to professional dress code.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
Required Education, Certifications and Licenses:
- Graduate of an ASHA accredited school of Speech-Language Pathology
- Experience: Previous experience in the speech and language field preferred however accepting of CFY applicants.
- State licensure or be eligible for state licensure
- Current (or ability to obtain) First Aide and CPR/BLS Card (infant/child); FBI/Fingerprint Clearance*; Child Abuse Clearance*; Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check*
*Clearance must have been obtain within the past 5 years
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent documentation in a timely manner.
- Able to trouble shoot; strong sense of decision making and judgment; action oriented; approachable
- Team player and effective at building and fostering teamwork as well as maintain composure when dealing with conflict; thoughtful of others, courteous
- Active listening skills and able to adapt to change
- Effectively manages time and manages priorities
Apply on company website