Pivot Sports Medicine -- a division of Pivot Physical Therapy, the Mid-Atlantic's premier provider of physical therapy and athletic training services -- has an immediate opening for a full-time Certified Athletic Trainer in Hagerstown, Maryland. In this role, you will be the exclusive outreach athletic trainer for the Goretti student-athletes at St. Maria Goretti Catholic High School. The high school is a quick 10-minute drive from downtown Hagerstown and an extra 10 minutes to the Potomac River. Within 2 hours drive is Baltimore and Washington D.C.!
If you are a Certified Athletic Trainer looking to be part of a reputable sports medicine team at Pivot, apply now! Pivot was co-founded by athletic trainers and serves professional, collegiate, and scholastic athletes throughout the Mid-Atlantic. Pivot fosters your clinical and professional excellence through continuing education and mentorship:
**Now offering $2,500 Sign-On Bonus**
- $1,000 in continuing education reimbursement
- Unlimited online CEUs through our partnership with MedBridge
- Professional, supportive, and fun work environment
- Participation in Pivot's Annual Sports Medicine Staff Development Conference
- Career growth opportunities to positions that include Athletic Training Regional Coordinator, Area Manager, Director etc.
- Opportunities for PRN work at camps, tournaments, and with professional and collegiate sports teams
- One-of-a-kind Athletic Trainer New Grad Mentorship program
- Networking opportunities with Pivot athletic trainers, physical therapists, and area physicians
Under the guidance of the Director of Sports Medicine and Regional Coordinator, our athletic trainers work primarily at their assigned outreach site performing diverse athletic training duties. Secondarily, our athletic trainers perform their remaining duties at an assigned Pivot Physical Therapy clinic working with clinic staff and physical therapists to improve the overall efficiency of clinic and patient experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaboration and education with school administrators, coaches, team physicians, athletes, and parents. You will feel a genuine ownership of their assigned school and will work independently while receiving support from a network of experienced athletic trainers.
- Coordinating schedules for event coverage, maintaining your athletic training room, ordering equipment, documenting, and being the best advocate for your patients from injury prevention to return-to-play
- Attendance at athletic practices and games, providing coverage with on-field evaluations and management of injuries, and referral for specialized care as needed
- Creation of rehabilitation programs, utilizing modalities, and assisting in overall body conditioning of an injured athlete to manage their recovery and return to activity
- Assist in the flow of a physical therapy clinic and support a variety of patients in an environment well-regarded for clinical mentorship
Required Education, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training from a CAATE accredited college/university
- BOC certified, pending or active
- State license or be eligible for state license
Apply on company website