Pivot Onsite Innovations is now hiring an experienced and self-driven bilingual Physician Assistant for a full time position with a set schedule Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm. This role will provide coverage at our client's distribution center located in Bronx NY.
Under the direction of the Medical Director and Overseeing Physician, the Physician Assistant manages the day-to-day operations of on-site health care clinic. In addition, the Physician Assistant provides patient care that includes but not limited to case management, physicals and clearance exams, injury assessment and minor procedures.
Essential Duties Responsibilities:
- Perform post-offer physicals, non-work-related return to work medical clearance examinations
- Provide urgent and episodic care to employees
- Respond to in plant medical emergencies and evaluate employees with acute episodic illness and refer when appropriate.
- Assess, diagnose, treat, and provide ongoing medical management of workplace injuries and non-occupational conditions (episodic and urgent), including writing prescriptions and facilitating referrals in collaboration with the physician
- Drive chronic disease management process, including education and wellness physicals.
- Maintenance of charts and employee incident records
- Perform minor procedures including but not limited to suturing, splinting, joint injection, trigger finger injection, arthrocentesis, x-ray interpretation
- Case management of workman's compensation claims in conjunction with the employer representative and insurance carrier
- Facilitate return to work and light duty assignments for employees with work related injuries
- Maintain current case log for workplace injuries outlining treatment plan for weekly case review
- Assure compliance with OSHA and DOT programs such as hearing conservation, blood borne pathogen training, random drug screening and follow up programs
- Maintain health care unit inventory of medications and supplies
- On call as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years' experience as an Advanced Practitioner/Physician Assistant
- Experience in an occupational health setting, required
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Current valid state licensure required
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Proficient with MS Office
- Knowledge of OSHA Record ability and worker's compensation principles a plus
- Ability to communicate with all levels across the organization effectively
- Strong administrative and management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain high level of professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality
- Familiarity with manufacturing and production facility practices
Apply on company website