Job Number: 6037
Position Title: 1099 Occupational Health Tech
Pivot Onsite Innovations is now hiring an experienced and self-driven EMT for a per-diem position. This role will provide coverage as needed at our onsite healthcare clinic located at our client's construction sites in Philadelphia, PA!
Serving as the Occupational Health Technician (Construction Division), the EMT plans, coordinates, and supervises all components of a worksite injury management and health improvement program for employees. Working under the direction of the Medical Director, the Occupational Health Technician carries out activities in the following areas: injury prevention and evaluation, OSHA emergency/first aid treatment, health education and worksite health promotion and marketing activities. This position providers coverage on a per diem basis.
- Responds to emergencies efficiently and promptly
- Administers basic first aid and medical support and assesses the nature and extent of injuries/illnesses
- Effectively communicates with medical professionals and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further action and following up accordingly
- Effectively communicates, receives and carries out patient care plans given by the physician/Medical Director
- Effectively communicates with client and site personnel regarding any worksite incidents, hazards, etc.
- Demonstrates a strong orientation towards team work and the ability to understand the importance of team coordinated efforts
- Conducts daily site safety walks to review the constantly changing worksite environment and identifies, reports on and escalates site hazards accordingly
- Creates an environment of trust and caring, which allows workers to take responsibility to reduce or eliminate actions or behaviors under their control that contribute to injury and illness
- Communicates regularly with safety personnel regarding rehab and injury prevention activities.
- Attends meetings and serve on committees as requested
Required Education, Skills and Abilities:
- EMT Certification - State and/or National (Proof of reciprocity required)
- 2+ years minimum experience
- OSHA 10 Construction Certification preferred
- $100 bonus for those who complete OSHA 10 in 14 day time period
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Transport or First Responder experience a plus
- Construction background or previous knowledge is a plus
- Willingness to travel to various client locations
- Knowledge of OSHA Recordability and worker's compensation a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with client and employees
- MS Office proficiency
Company: Pivot Onsite Innovations - 1099
Community / Marketing Title: Emergency Medical Technician - Per-Diem - Multiple Philadelphia Locations
Pivot Health Solutions is a premier provider of health and wellness services that focuses on getting people back to health, preventing injury and staying fit where they work, live and play. Our family of brands include Pivot Physical Therapy, Pivot Onsite Innovations, Pivot Occupational Health, Pivot Sports Medicine and Pivot Performance. We wouldn't be Pivot without our passionate and dedicated team members. If you're looking for a rewarding career in a setting that promotes clinical excellence, professional advancement and teamwork, apply now!
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Pivot Health Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pivot Health Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pivot Health Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Pivot Health Solution's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Apply on company website