Pivot Onsite Innovations is now hiring an experienced and passionate Athletic Trainer for a full-time position. This role will provide healthcare support/injury prevention and wellness at our onsite healthcare clinic located at our client's distribution center in the Catskills, NY.
*We are offering $2500 Sign On Bonus*
The Industrial Athletic Trainer will plan, coordinate, and supervise all components of a work-site injury management and health improvement program for employees on a full-time basis. They will work under the direction of the Pivot Onsite Innovations Medical Director to carry out activities in the following areas: injury prevention and evaluation, ergonomic risk assessments and corrective action planning, OSHA emergency/first aid treatment, physical conditioning and rehabilitation assistance, health education and coaching, and work-site health promotion and marketing activities.
- Perform wellness screening and coaching
- Provide first-aid treatment and case management for musculoskeletal complaints which will include the use of ice, heat and wellness stretches, massage, tape techniques, knowledge of non-rigid bracing
- Provide orthopedic injury assessments, covering such areas as (but not limited to) history, observation, palpation, range of motion, manual muscle strength, reflex testing, myotomes, dermatomes, and special tests
- Coordinate and implement treatment plans that incorporate therapeutic exercise, modalities and work conditioning as necessary
- Develop and implement site-specific wellness initiatives and programs
- Perform comprehensive ergonomic job risk analyses, including task analysis, risk factor identification and quantification, posture analysis, and body mechanics analysis
- Use innovative, creative solutions and employee empowerment to design and/or implement ergonomics interventions
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. in a timely manner; Documentation may include patient files, invoices, monthly reports, budgets, expense reports, and outcomes tools.
- Perform data analysis to measure cost avoidance of prevention and early intervention actions
- Provide monthly and annual reports for rehab utilization, cost-savings, and cost-avoidance
- Create an environment of trust and caring, which allows workers to take responsibility to reduce or eliminate actions or behaviors under their control that contribute to injury and illness
- Communicate regularly with safety personnel regarding rehab and injury prevention activities
- Attend meetings and serve on committees as requested
- Author articles for various newsletters and the company Intranet site as needed
- The onsite Athletic Trainer does not provide rehabilitation services but will participate in education and injury prevention
- Perform as patient advocate for non-occupational injuries.
- Minimum of 2 years of athletic training experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Board Certified Athletic training certification
- State licensure certification
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
- Willing to travel to various client locations
- Knowledge of OSHA Recordability and worker's compensation a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with client and employees
- Proficient with MS Office
- Previous ergonomic and/or occupational health experience is a plus
- CEAS and/or OSHA10 certification a plus
Apply on company website