Instruct and implement the Respiratory Therapy program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
Full-time or Part-time position
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of semesters.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student need and established curriculum.
- Monitor the attendance of students in the program and coordinate with Associate Director when absences occur two days in a row. Prepare attendance reports weekly for the office management department.
- Review student success rates and implement plan to reduce student withdrawals. Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program. Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies. Prepare final grades at the end of each semester to update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, field trips and visits to therapy clinics.
- Prepare lectures, labs and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Assist and advise students with Respiratory Therapy program curriculum.
- May assist and coordinate externships for Respiratory Therapy students.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
- Associate degree from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or training from an otherwise recognized training entity (e.g., hospital-based program) in Respiratory Therapy OR
- A minimum of four (4) years of job-related training and experience for those instructors who are not graduates from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Three (3) years occupational (i.e., practical) experience as a hospital/clinical Respiratory Therapy.
- One (1) year of instructor experience in an accredited respiratory therapy program preferred.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) State license.
- Current license, certification or other designation as required by local, state or federal laws to work in the respiratory therapy field.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.
Apply on company website