PIH Health is a nonprofit regional healthcare delivery network founded over 50 years ago. Our two campuses including a 548-bed facility in Whittier and a 199-bed facility in Downey, help to provide services to approximately 1.5 million residents in Los Angeles, Orange County and the greater San Gabriel Valley.
The Referral Representative works under general supervision and is responsible for processing all outside referrals to the office as well as any coordination of treatment to the hospital and or ancillary services. Maintains accurate records, notifies all concerned parties about the status of pending authorizations in order to facilitate treatment for patients. Functions as Scheck-Out Receptionist as well as provides back up support to the front office. The Representative works under general supervision to perform various front office cuties in the medical office setting to ensure efficient operations, as well as, prepare/complete various charge documents prior to forwarding to Business Services; maintains positive relationships with patients, family members, visitors, and employees.
- Knowledge of computer keyboard and 10 key touch, ability to type at least 40 words per minute.
- Knowledge of computerized practice management systems and other computerized systems (Microsoft office programs and electronic health records systems).
- Demonstrates excellent telephone management skills.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 CM and CPT coding systems.
- Superb organizational & prioritization skills.
- Ability to meet crucial time parameters as it relates to patient care.
- Ability to independently identify and solve problems.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent customer and interpersonal skills; strong liaison skills.
- Demonstrates strong compassion for the specific patient population.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the patient, practitioners and department.
- Demonstrates outstanding communication skills, bilingual in Spanish or Chinese helpful.
Formal training will be indicated by a high school diploma or equivalent; at least 2 years of experience in a office or hospital setting; previous experience with ICD-9 & CPT coding systems; medical terminology; thorough knowledge of frequently ordered diagnostic tests preferred; ability to maintain composure & balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Apply on company website