PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women's health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation's Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation's top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Material Reprocessing Technician works independently, performing all tasks related to decontaminating, assembling, distributing and controlling sterile and non-sterile medical and surgical supplies, instruments, and equipment used in patient care areas throughout the hospital.
- Clinical knowledge of surgical/medical products and supplies
- Independent performer
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Pays attention to detail
- High school graduate or G.E.D. preferred
- Completion of Central Service Program preferred
- Previous experience in a hospital Central Service or sterile processing area preferred
- Central Service Tech certification preferred
- Knowledge of surgical/procedure instruments, supplies, equipment and their use
- Basic Windows and mouse experience preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Apply on company website