Piedmont Macon Medical Center is hiring a Chief Anesthestist for our hospital location.
Qualified candidates will receive a $20,000 sign on bonus.
Performs a variety of patient care activities in accordance with established standards and practice. Responsible for the day-to-day administrative duties and clinical activities of the CRNA and PA-AA.
Clinical responsibilities of the Chief Anesthetist will be delegated by an anesthesiologist. Care is directed by an anesthesiologist who shares responsibility for the patient. With the direction of the anesthesiologist the Chief Anesthetist will:
- Provide leadership to a team of Anesthesiology APPs.
- Facilitate staffing plan for APPs in the following areas, but not limited to the following;
- Schedules and Recruitment
- Annual Reviews
- Performance/behavior management
- Compliance with annual training, flu shots, etc.
- Supports the overall day-to-day administrative and clinical activities of the team, provides expert medical care under the direction of the supervising physician
- Maintains an effective operating environment in which assures effective, efficient and safe operations of the team that responds to patient, physician and staff needs.
- Acts as a liaison between physicians and APPs in order to promote cohesiveness.
- Maintains sufficient scheduling to support volumes
- Contribute to the preoperative collection and documentation of patient data
- Review, request, and order (as permitted by state law), laboratory/diagnostic studies
- Obtain, order, and administer pre-anesthetic medication or treatment
- Develop and implement an anesthesia care plan
- Obtain, prepare, and use equipment, invasive and non-invasive monitors supplies, and drugs for the administration of sedation and anesthesia; perform safety checks as needed
- Select, order, obtain, and administer analgesic and anesthetic agents, adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, fluids, or blood products necessary to provide anesthesia services
- Perform all aspects of airway management
- Facilitate emergence and recovery from anesthesia by evaluating patient response, and selecting, ordering, and administering medications, fluids, and ventilator support to maintain patient stability during transfer
- Initiate and administer post-anesthesia pharmacological or fluid support of the cardiovascular system
- Initiate and administer respiratory support to ensure adequate ventilation and oxygenation in the post-anesthesia period
- Evaluate the patients response to anesthesia and surgery; take appropriate corrective action during the post-anesthesia period
- Place and manage regional anesthetic techniques as directed by an Anesthesiologist and as delineated by his or her clinical privileges or granted special privileges
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Willingness to perform clinically as part of an anesthesia care team
- Ability to operate, use, and interpret data from a wide variety of equipment to perform anesthesia care as well as necessary perioperative or operating room care to support the safety and well-being of the patient while they are under the direct care of the Anesthetist
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required to collaborate with various clinical staff and other disciplines
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and ability to assess data reflective of the patients requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs
- Knowledge of infection prevention and control techniques
- Ability to maintain confidential records
- Ability to implement and adhere to facility policies and procedure
- Facilitate the timely delivery of care and efficient function of the OR
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
BA/BS in Nursing with RN Licensure in Georgia and Graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor or a Masters degree in Anesthesia
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- One (1) or more years of previous supervisory or lead experience.
- MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
- Georgia Licensure as CRNA or Georgia Licensure as Anesthesiologist Assistant
- Certified by National Commission for Certification of Anesthesiologist Assts(NCCAA)
- BLS Certification required
Conveniently located only 80 miles south of downtown Atlanta, Macon, Georgia has a rich history; incredible architecture, stunning Southern charm, and a soulful musical heritage have branded Macon "Where Soul Lives". Only in Macon can you hike at ancient Indian mounds and enter into North America's only reconstructed earth lodge, tour the 18,000 square foot, 7-story Italian Renaissance Revival mansion known as the "Palace of The South", immerse yourself in musical history by taking a "Free Birds & Night Owls" or "Rock n Roll Stroll" tour, or explore the Southeast's largest collection of African-American art, history, and culture. It is more than a place on a map. It is a vibe all its own. Some people say there is something in the water in Macon that ignites the creative spark in people. Walk or bike at the Amerson River Park on the Ocmulgee Heritage Trail. You can even kayak it if you are feeling adventurous. We also have Lake Tobesofkee where you can play in the sand, boat, or picnic. Direct interstate access to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport without the hassle of Atlanta traffic! Live in a mid-size city, yet access the Atlanta airport in an hour! In addition, if you are looking for major league sports or cultural events, you will find them all in nearby Atlanta. For all of this (and so much more!), there are many reasons to move to Macon!
Piedmont Healthcare is a top-rated system with award winning hospitals and employees comprised of over 19 hospitals, more than 2,500 physicians, and over 700 clinic practice locations across greater Atlanta and North Georgia. With over 1 million outpatient encounters, you will have the opportunity to see and treat a variety of medical conditions. Piedmont Healthcare is a fast-growing, recognized leader in delivering expert care. Metro Atlantas vibrant economy fuels a wealth of global communities and diverse cultural experiences, while the state of Georgia offers coastline beaches and mountain views. Live and work with the best at Piedmont in the big and small towns of the Peach State.
Apply on company website