Do you remember when you first got accepted to Medical School? Do you remember your last day of residency? Do you remember what was the main factor in you becoming a doctor? We would love to become a part of your journey as a physician
We are located just 15 minutes from the heart of Manhattan and we offer: Great Benefits, Advancement Opportunities and Full Malpractice Coverage...Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of New York States largest multispecialty physician groups, focused on delivering exceptional patient-centered care.
In partnership withNYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Islandour teams accommodate more than 250,000 outpatient visits, more than 89,000 emergency room visits, and with 371 beds, more than 15,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation withSUNY Downstate Medical Center and New York College of Osteopathic Medicinein order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
- Performs complete pre-operative History and Physicals on all surgical patients, identifying and alerting the surgeon to any disqualifying conditions that are present
- Interprets laboratory and diagnostic tests
- Orders, collects and performs appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies, such as routine laboratory tests, EMG, electrocardiogram and radiologic examinations including arthrogram, ultrasound, CT, MRI and bone scan studies
- Implements therapeutic intervention for specific conditions when appropriate
- Performs first assistant duties in all surgical procedures
- Formulates and implements discharge planning and clinical follow-up in conjunction with surgeon
- Dictates discharge summaries
- Evaluates and provides appropriate intervention (in conjunction with supervising surgeon) for ER and nursing home patients
- Answers consults from the ED and other wards for Urology and Orthopedics
- Performs first or second assistant duties in all surgical procedures, including nephrectomies, nephrostomies, radical prostatectomies, cystectomies, orchiectomies, penile prosthetic implantations, urological trauma procedures, transurethral procedures, artificial urethral sphincter implantations, stent procedures and others
- Performs and/or assists in procedures such as transrectal ultrasound (TRUS) volume studies, urodynamics, cystoscopies, post-void residual (PVRs) evaluations, difficult catheterizations, post-op voiding trails and other necessary procedures
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program, required
- Current Board Certification from the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), required.
- Licensed Physician Assistant by the New York State Department of Education, required.
- A Bachelor's degree, required
- Current BLS certification, required
- D.E.A. Certificate, required
- Infection Control Certificate, required
New Graduates are welcome!
Do you remember when you first got accepted to Medical School? Do you remember your last day of residency? Do you remember what was th...
Apply on company website