Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham Health, Bronx (Webster Avenue) staff partner to provide multiple programs in the community including the Babygram Program, Developmental Evaluation Clinic, HIV/Aids Program, and The Diabetic Learning and Support Program.
This position is located in the Bronx on Webster Avenue.
The Facility Associate Medical Director is the lead member of the site Senior Leadership Team, contributing to defining the overall business strategy and direction of the organization. This position leads the overall clinical vision for the site in order to not only provide high quality medical care for patients, but also align staff to meet the changing environment in healthcare: the shift to population health management, value-based purchasing, and risk pool management. The position provides medical oversight, expertise and leadership to ensure the delivery of affordable quality healthcare services. In addition, the Facility Medical Director provides clinical expertise and leadership in the design and implementation of new projects and innovations for the service line. Deliver continued high performance on the existing HRSA service contract, both in terms of cost benchmarks and quality benchmarks. Must be a member of the medical staff and maintain an active practice within the Gotham Health Center. Performs related work as assigned by the Executive Leadership Team.
The Facility Medical Directors duties shall include, but not limited to:
- Clinical strategy for ambulatory care transformation
- Leads and implements the clinical direction for the service line
- Participate in senior management business and clinical strategy development and implementation
- Builds and leverages cross functional collaborative relationships with other service lines and programs (e.g. Care GAP, ACO) to achieve shared goals and standardization
- Focus teams and organization units on visions and distinctive strategies that improve short and long-term performance
- Clinical Standard setting
- Integrate evidence-based clinical practices wherever possible, building this into new and existing patient care delivery systems
- Design of clinical interventions and deliver models
- Keeps abreast of emerging models in health care delivery
- Identify and define new and innovative strategies to achieve the goals of population health and financial sustainability
- Quality analytics, clinical reporting and risk management
- Lead clinical and population health analytics for the service line (e.g. patient-level risk stratification)
- Develop and monitor quality measures for new payment models (value based/risk-based payment structures
- Works closely with the Chief Nursing and Administrative Officers to achieve effective care management processes and develop new initiatives to improve clinical quality
- Clinical lead for survey preparation and implementation
- Assessment of clinical providers
- Evaluate facility clinical providers
- Create frameworks for performance evaluation of clinicians (e.g. Provider report cards)
- Partners and collaborates with the provider staff and management team, facilitating teamwork shared goals. Help represent provider staff viewpoints to administration and relay administrative views to provider staff
- Provider recruitment strategy
- Develop and implement strategies for provider attraction and retention
- Design career paths for clinician leaders
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Medical Officer of Gotham Health System
- Medical Doctorate
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or equivalent care of specialization
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of New York
- Masters degree with a specialization in Health Care Administration, Administrative Medicine or in Public Health from an accredited college or university
- Ten (10) years of full-time paid clinical experience, including five (5) years of supervisory experience
- An equivalent combination of training, education and experience in related fields and educational disciplines
- Knowledge of business and human resources administration principles, faculty practice and finance
- Experience with FQHC is not mandatory
- Knowledge of EPIC Electronic medical records
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Loretta Modesto, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at ModestoL@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose...
Apply on company website