Phillips 66 & YOU - Together we can fuel the future
Phillips 66 has more than 140 years of experience in providing the energy that enables people to dream bigger and go farther, faster. We are committed to improving lives, and that is our promise to our employees and our communities. We are sustained by the backgrounds and experiences of our diverse teams, which reflect who we are, the environment we create and how we work together. Our company is built on values of safety, honor and commitment. We call our cultural mindset Our Energy in Action, which we define through four simple, intuitive behaviors: We work for the greater good, create an environment of trust, seek different perspectives and achieve excellence. Phillips 66 was recognized by Forbes as one of “America's Best Employers” in 2019.
Phillips 66 is developing one of the world's largest renewable diesel producing facility at its Rodeo California Refinery. One Renewable diesel unit project is already complete, and we are developing a second project called Rodeo Renewed for early 2024 start up. In support of this exciting project, we are seeking additional expertise in renewable diesel processing, focused on the feed pretreatment area. The pretreatment area will involve two new world scale Alfa Laval-designed processing trains, with additional water treatment, and associated offsites/tankage.
The Senior Renewable Diesel Pretreatment Specialist will provide operating knowledge and technical expertise in the pretreatment, water handling, and logistics areas. This position will support current and future renewable diesel projects at Phillips 66 Refining facilities and Operations preparation for the new Rodeo Renewed project's development and startup. The successful candidate will be the corporation's overall expert in this technology focusing on high unit uptime, reliability, operating performance, and unit flexibility/capability. This will be a key technical role within the Refining Business Improvements group (central technical group for Phillips66) located at the corporate headquarters in Houston.
Responsibilities May Include
Providing technical support to optimize and solve the Pretreatment Unit's problems by working closely with refinery operations, maintenance, & process personnel including:
- Provide operating knowledge and technical expertise in the pretreatment, water handling, and logistics areas.
- Maintaining and developing Pretreatment, and the related water treating, units' equipment Refining Engineering Practices, Recommended Best Practices, and Operating Guidelines. Support the implementation of Pretreatment Equipment best practices for operating facilities so that continuous improvement can be accomplished corporate-wide in design, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Developing, reporting and monitoring Pretreatment equipment KPI's, especially as related to optimizing the feed quality for the downstream hydroprocessing units.
- Recommending and developing plans on how to improve Pretreatment equipment safety, reliability, throughput, uptime, and cost.
- Identifying problems and recommending appropriate measures to control, manage, and correct the issues.
- Providing consulting and guidance on equipment condition monitoring and machinery protection.
- Understanding process operating parameters which impact the Pretreatment Unit equipment's ability to maintain superior performance and minimize downtime.
- Providing technical consulting during the capital project FEL process regarding new and/or revamping projects.
- Keeping abreast of new developments in the technology in order to address problems using the latest technology available.
- Participating in the activities of refining industry technical societies and other organizations in order to leverage industry knowledge and experience.
- Supporting development and oversight of vendor alliances related to Pretreatment technology.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience in the bio-fuels pretreatment area
- 3 or more years of experience in design, installation, operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting associated with bio-based feedstock pretreatment and process water units
- Ability to travel an average of 25-30%, mostly to the West Coast
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 15 or more years of relevant work experience in Technical, Operations and/or Projects
- Experience with pretreatment equipment (centrifuges, filters, pumps) operations and troubleshooting, especially for equipment which has been feeding a wide range of feedstock qualities
- Direct experience operating Alfa Laval pretreatment equipment, handling a variety of different feedstocks
- Strong customer/business focus
- Ability/desire to share best practices across the organization
- Ability to positively influence others
- Mentor less experienced engineers, supervisors and operators
- Ability to lead training classes in your areas of specialization
- Strong networking/team building and interpersonal skills
- Solid communication skills – oral and written
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of May 31, 2021 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 53852
Location: Texas - Houston
Job Field: Engineering
Division : Refining Headquarters
Technical Req : No
Apply on company website