Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Fixed Equipment and Reliability Engineer is responsible for providing technical support to operations and maintenance by designing and maintaining equipment and facilities in a safe and environmentally responsible manner in accordance with code, regulatory, and company policies and standards. Provide strategic focus to prevent system / equipment failures and to maximize uptime.
Responsibilities May Include
- Ownership and responsibility for improving safety in the refinery.
- Functioning as primary contact / resource for day-to-day mechanical engineering needs.
- Developing and executing a reliability improvement plan in the unit that the individual will steward, tasks that include identification of candidates, getting support / funding, and driving work to completion.
- Participating on the Reliability Team to identify, prioritize, develop and implement solutions for bad actors.
- Engineering small improvement, capacity maintenance or reliability projects. Partnering with process engineers, and operations.
- Ensuring repairs and changes are made in accordance with engineering standards and best practices and following established work procedures such as Management of Change, Safe Work Procedures, etc.
- Stewarding the Real Business Improvements and criticality processes by developing an understanding of damage mechanisms in assigned units.
- Leading the effort in turnaround scope development and provide mechanical technical support during turnaround execution.
- Leading / participating in failure analysis of equipment and share lessons learned as appropriate.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience in a petrochemical plant
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found at https://twicprogram.tsa.dhs.gov/TWICWebApp/
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of fixed equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry and company codes and standards
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot fixed equipment
- API-653 Aboveground Storage Tank certification preferred, but not required
The Bayway Refinery is located on the New York Harbor in Linden, New Jersey. Bayway's facilities include crude distilling, naphtha reforming, fluid catalytic cracking, solvent deasphalting, hydrodesulfurization and alkylation units. The complex also includes a polypropylene plant with the capacity to produce up to 775 million pounds per year. The refinery processes mainly light and medium, low-sulfur crude oil. Foreign crude oil is supplied to the refinery by tanker, and domestic crude oil is supplied through a combination of rail and marine transportation. Within the refinery, Phillips 66 Partners has a rail receiving facility with 75,000 BPD of offloading capacity. The refinery produces a high percentage of transportation fuels, as well as petrochemical feedstocks, residual fuel oil and home heating oil. Refined products are distributed to East Coast customers by pipeline, barge, rail car and truck.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,300 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $58 billion of assets as of March 31, 2019. For more information, visit http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co.
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of January 17, 2020 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Requisition ID: 51867
Location: New Jersey - Linden
Job Field: Engineering
Division : Bayway Refinery
Technical Req : No
Apply on company website