- The Patient Access Resource Coordinator is the point of triage for the care management department. The coordinator triages information regarding patient discharge planning needs to the correct owner, assists in completing those tasks assigned to the role, becomes a liaison between the care coordination teams at Phelps Health, and assists in other clinical duties related to the care management/denial prevention team.
- Point of contact for Nursing and Care Managers for DC needs.
- Assist in visiting patients to check on discharge needs.
- Assist with referral calls for pre & post hospital care.
- Assist with communicating discharge-planning information to Third Party Payors and other care providers.
- Assists with obtaining Home Heath DME request copies of orders upon request.
- Triages ASU and other non-acute care areas with follow up needs for DC planning.
- Assist with transportation needs for patients and complies cost analysis of these services.
- Triage hospitalist calls for clarification from pharmacies or other providers needing additional information.
- Keeps track of Care Manager assignments.
- Assists DPR staff with faxing and printing as needed.
- Checks benefits for post-acute and other hospital transfers.
- Works under pressure and pays close attention to detail.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Utilizes resources in community to assist in meeting the needs of patients.
- Graduate of an approved practical nursing program or higher, social work program or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least two (2) years clinical experience in nursing, Utilization Management, Social Services, and/or Quality Management preferred.
- None required
- Considerable mental concentration required. Lifting up to 35 lbs., turning activities and nearly constant walking required. Standing, turning, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching.
- Frequent exposure to infectious disease and hostile persons at times. Frequent exposure to communicable disease via blood and other body fluids. Minimal physical discomfort.
Apply on company website