- As a member of the Phelps Health Planning and Decision Support team, works semi-independently to define, examine and analyzes business and operational requirements. Offers solutions to problems and develops procedures for better decision-making in support of the operations of the organization. This role supports clinical and financial data requests and works closely with the Business Intelligence Developers, department Directors and other end users on such requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with BI Developers team to gathers information from various reporting sources, and communicates with end users to identify, define and document business and operational needs.
- Determines which data are relevant and what methods to be used to analyze them in order to develop practical solutions.
- Identifies and documents recommended changes to business and operational processes, using analytical methods such as GAP analysis, and translates changes into operational procedures.
- Advises decision makers on appropriate courses of action, provides written correspondence and prepares reports to document recommendations, and meets with management and staff after implementation of new processes or procedures to evaluate their effectiveness.
- WWorks within the Cost Accounting and Analytics system to research opportunities for cost savings, revenue optimization, operational or clinical efficiencies, and to provide insights into service line profitability, payor analytics and supply cost.
- Utilizes appropriate resources, such as HIDI Analytics, to provide information related to service line market share.
- Works with the Director of Planning and Decision Support, CFO or other VP or Executive Team level leaders on ad-hoc data and information requests.
Standards of Behavior
- Integrity: I believe in being personally accountable for doing what is always right.
- Compassion: I believe in acting on the empathy felt toward the needs of patients and families.
- Innovation: I believe in being inspired to provide care in new and creative ways.
- Philanthropy: I believe in being a good steward of the gift of time, deeds and resources for our patients and community.
- An intermediate level of knowledge of statistics, mathematics, communication, computer science, information technology, or business administration as normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Business Management, Computer Science, or Information Technology or 5+ years in a healthcare or related field required.
- A comprehensive understanding of business operations, processes and procedures along with a working knowledge of computer software including Excel, Word, and analytical software used for communication and data analysis as normally acquired through three (3) years' experience progressively more responsible experience in a business, hospital, or clinic setting. Professional experience in health care is preferred.
- Skills in process improvement and problem solving are highly desired.
- Valid Driver's license and proof of valid insurance required.
- Considerable mental concentration on variable projects. Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time and to walk up and down flights of stairs. Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral communications, visual acuity, and the ability to read and understand written directions. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to lift 10-20 lbs.. Ability to safely operate an automobile.
- Standard office conditions. Valid drivers' license, transportation and proof of insurance are required as travel between clinics will be necessary.
Apply on company website