This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon's largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We're searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world's clean energy future!
Staff/ Senior Grid Operations Systems Analyst
Portland General Electric is looking for an individual with control systems experience who is excited about change and interested in learning new technology to become part of the Grid Technology team. In this Control Systems Analyst position, you will be part of a collaborative team ensuring the new Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS) is operating as it should. If you're interested in the opportunity to work in a state-of-the-art control center with a company committed to a clean energy future, we want to talk to you!
PGE is charting a course to the clean energy future our customers desire and deserve. An upcoming milestone on this journey is the implementation of an Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS), which will enable us to monitor and control our distribution grid in real-time. PGE is among the first utilities in the U.S. to adopt this new technology and is implementing the first of a five-phase program that will integrate D-SCADA, Outage Management System (OMS), and other applications to optimize two-way power flows, support customer generation and smart home devices, micro-grids and more.
When you join PGE, you'll become part of a collaborative team currently focused on implementing ADMS. You will receive comprehensive on-the-job training and become part of the climate change solution.
The ADMS will allow PGE to:
- Increase visibility and control of the distribution network
- Improve service reliability and reduce the number of sustained outages
- Enable higher penetrations of Distributed Energy Resources
Initially, this role will be based at PGE's downtown Portland location. In early 2022, the System Control Center will move to PGE's Tualatin-based Integrated Operations Center, a new state-of-the-art facility, which centralizes key operations and functions in buildings designed for enhanced resilience against seismic, cyber and physical security risks.
The responsibilities could include:
- Troubleshoots and maintains applications and systems used within the Control Center. Conducts root-cause analysis and develops overall remediation plan for identified risks. Designs, implements and maintains multiple applications and systems. Maintains high availability of critical systems in the department. Leads or supports integration efforts between systems.
- Analyzes operational processes, complex operational plans, procedures and documentation to support operations and provides guidance to operational personnel. Leads or supports development and modification of real-time procedures and processes. Develops and/or maintains the associated documentation and leads department efforts to implement improvements.
- Leads or supports reliability and cybersecurity compliance-related activities of the Grid Operations Center. Proactively identifies and mitigates compliance risks. Participates in regulatory audits, spot checks and other processes as a subject matter expert. Proactively provides input on issues related to compliance with regulatory standards. Recommends and implements compliance documentation enhancements that improve operating efficiencies
- Leads or participates in projects developing systems and applications used in the Control Center, including identifying overall business objectives, business requirements and user acceptance criteria
- Serves as a department subject matter expert. Provides technical assistance and training to others. Proactively communicates with others regarding systems activities within the department.
Both Levels: We are looking for someone that has a bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information systems or relevant field of study or equivalent experience. Experience with Open Systems International's (OSI's) EMS/DMS Platform or similar application suite and OSI Soft PI Data Historian is highly desired.
Staff Level: Five or more years of experience supporting a System Control Center in daily operations of distribution systems or equivalent combination of utility operations/ IT experience.
Senior Level: Eight or more years of experience supporting a System Control Center in daily operations of distribution systems or equivalent combination of utility operations/ IT experience.
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
This job posting will close at 12:01 am Pacific Time on the closing date listed below:2021-03-22-07:00
Apply on company website