This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon's largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We're searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world's clean energy future!Sr. Design Support Product Owner - AutoDesk Summary
- Utility Technology Solutions provides support to PGE's Utility Operations by aligning technology and business processes. We sit in IT, where we work closely with the development teams and mirror our CIO's focus on more, better, faster results for customers. Day to day, we live in operations, where each team member gets to know their assigned lines of business and their processes so we can eliminate friction and help them deliver value.
- The Design Support Product Owner is accountable for the maintenance and operation of Autodesk tools across PGE, with the potential to grow into support for additional engineering and design tools. They will handle enterprise-wide and department-wide configurations, including establishing and maintaining department profiles. They will serve as the primary contact for all Utility Op lines of business using these tools – ensuring they have a voice in decisions impacting the tools, and will develop and maintain the product roadmap.
- Assesses client needs for assigned applications or systems. Collaborates with business and IT to define services to be provided. Defines initiatives in response to client needs. Guides client to solutions that meet both business needs and resource and system constraints. Decides which issues to escalate.
- Collaborates with internal teams to develop, prioritize and implement initiatives. Presents status reports and recommendations to sponsors. Communicates with IT and business. Recommends system-based solutions in response to business issues.
- Develops project plans for complex and cross-functional initiatives. Prioritizes work tasks to optimize available resources. Develops initial work requirements and value criteria. Adapts plan to meet changing business needs. Prioritizes initiatives for new functionality against initiatives for maintenance and reliability.
- Prioritizes releases and determines when functionality is ready for release. Manages issues log and product backlog. Collaborates with others to define acceptance criteria and ensures deliverables are met. Manages issues log and product backlog.
- Requires a degree in computer science, business, engineering or related field or equivalent experience.
- Typically five or more years of combined experience in business analysis, operational process improvement, project management or equivalent combination of technical and operational experience.
Proven ability to:
- Configure/setup Autodesk products
- Configure and modify Autodesk Vault
- Assign roles and responsibilities within Active Directory groups
- Manage CAD standards for multiple functional areas
- Manage software deployments (new software or updates)
- Troubleshoot end-user problems and act as help desk for AutoCAD.
- Write and maintain job aids and procedure documentation for AutoCAD and Vault
- Facilitate sharing of information across multiple business functional areas
- Manage software licenses
- Coach end-users on software functionality
- Data and file conversion from other drafting platforms (ex…MicroStation)
Extensive knowledge of:
- Use of AutoCAD and other Autodesk tools by engineers designing electrical systems
- Interface/s between software products and engineering deliverables
- Drafting procedures
- AutoCAD maintenance
- Developing and implementing macros, tool palettes, programming LISP routines, scripts, AutoCAD Core Engine
- Knowledge of other design and engineering tools beyond Autodesk
- Experience in electrical utility
- Product owner certification
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
This job posting will close at 12:01 am Pacific Time on the closing date listed below:2021-04-08-07:00
Apply on company website