This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon's largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We're searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world's clean energy future!
Power Supply Engineering Services provide quality engineering solutions and analyses to maintain safe, reliable and cost-effective operations of PGE generation assets. We support PGE's generation fleet and other PGE departments in the following areas:
- Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, & Plant Control Systems Engineering
- Engineering Design Support
- Generation Capital and O&M Project Management
- Dam Safety, Arc Flash, Gas Pipeline and Welding Program Management
- Company-wide survey services
Plant Control Systems Engineering provides engineering consultation, design support, project management, and commissioning support for complex capital and maintenance projects at PGE generation sites. The team is newly developed to provide expertise specific to each plant control system to improve project turnover to operations and troubleshoot new issues that arise. The team is made up of 5 Control System Engineers in which 3 are focused on Cyber Security. The manager of the Plant Control Systems team is needed to develop a fleet wide generation control systems strategy to address gaps in control system design, implementation and support. They will oversee the team strategy, benchmarking, and gap assessments. It is a great opportunity for a Plant Control System Engineer who is looking to step into a leadership position.
- Control Systems Engineering Management: Manages a team of plant control system engineering professionals. Responsible for designing, developing, installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment used to control and monitor systems, equipment and processes. Ensures these systems and processes operate efficiently, reliably and safely. Provides technical management for the team, ensuring that objectives are met and all relevant standards/procedures are followed; ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved; ensures that operational procedures and working practices are current and fit for the purpose.
- Plant Control Systems Management: Manages the plant control systems function supporting the design, development, installation, management and maintenance of generation plant control systems, instrumentation and other related equipment and machinery.
- Financial Management: Monitors and manages expenditures, ensuring that all financial targets are met, and examines any areas where budgets/expenditures vary from plan; assists with the definition and operation of effective financial controls and decision making.
- Resourcing: Oversees resourcing decisions and planning for team; partners with HR in the definition of jobs, recruitment, evaluation and selection processes.
- Professional Development: Reviews organizational development needs and training strategies to determine required learning and development outcomes for the team; provides guidance in the creation of development plans; monitors ongoing progress and provides coaching and mentoring and provides feedback; completes annual performance management reviews.
Education Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program or program accredited by an equivalent agency.
Experience Eight or more years in engineering; preferably with power generation or industrial plant control systems.
Practical experience working on control systems and firm understanding of control system logic.
Certifications, Licenses and Training Professional Engineering (PE) license strongly preferred; may be required based upon role.
Experience with new control systems or control system upgrades in the field and Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT). Industrial knowledge working with Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) in addition to the network design and security infrastructure feeding those control systems, including routers, switches, and firewalls.
Experience managing or leading a team of 3 or more individuals.
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
This job posting will close at 12:01 am Pacific Time on the closing date listed below:
Apply on company website