This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon's largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We're searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world's clean energy future!
PGE has committed to reducing emissions associated with the power we serve to our customers by 80% by 2030, with an aspirational goal of zero emissions with the power we serve to our customers by 2040. We also aim to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions across the rest of our company's operations by 2040.
Manager, Integrated Resource Planning
Key Job Information
PGE is actively seeking a talented individual offering expertise in the area of energy resource planning to join our team. The Manager, Integrated Resource Planning is part of a highly skilled professional team and reports to the Director of Resource and Regulatory Strategy and Engagement. This position will take a leadership role in helping PGE meet its aggressive decarbonization goals, as well as advancing ongoing efforts to add additional zero carbon resources to our generation portfolio while also ensuring greater electric reliability.
In this role, you'll manage professional associates and be accountable for the performance and results of PGE's Integrated Resource Team. You will also be a subject matter expert on PGE's Integrated Resource Plan: its process, structure, technical content and writing. You'll utilize your expert communication skills to speak with and give presentations to regulators, colleagues, officers and other key stakeholders.
You'll adapt departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Your decisions will be guided by policies, resources and business plan; receiving moderate guidance from your manager.
Manager, IRP 556 Grade 9
Career Level: M2
- General Management Oversees a team of professional employees responsible for integrated resource planning, ensuring that objectives are met and all relevant standards/procedures are followed; ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved; ensures that operational procedures and working practices are current and fit for the purpose; ensures compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and policies.
- Strategy and Planning Develops and implements overall strategy and vision for teams and for integrated resource planning function as a whole; oversees collaboration with other departments to ensure strategic alignment; oversees development scorecard metrics for team and ensures alignment with other teams; develops and implements plans to facilitate employee engagement.
- Integrated Resource Planning Oversees overall integrated resource planning process, ensuring process meets strategic objectives and complies with all related laws, regulations and guidance; ensures end product meets strategic goals and operational needs; oversees financial forecasting and analysis; oversees portfolio preparation and associated reports; ensures alignment with other leaders; oversees process documentation and process improvement; collaborates with other leaders to develop systems and processes to support resource planning.
- Research and Special Projects Oversees integrated resource planning related initiatives and special projects; assigns subject matter experts to cross-functional projects; works with other leaders to provide resource planning subject matter expertise to support and inform business operations.
- Vendor Management May select certain tasks or projects for outsourcing; selects vendors, establishes metrics and service level agreements, monitors vendor performance and works with vendors to resolve issues.
- Financial Management Monitors and manages expenditures, ensuring that all financial targets are met, and examines any areas where budgets/expenditures vary from plan; assists with the definition and operation of effective financial controls and decision making.
- Resourcing Oversees resourcing decisions and planning for team; partners with HR in the definition of jobs, recruitment, evaluation and selection processes.
- Professional Development Reviews organizational development needs and training strategies to determine required learning and development outcomes for the team; provides guidance in the creation of development plans; monitors ongoing progress and provides coaching and mentoring and provides feedback; completes annual performance management reviews.
This position requires a bachelor's degree in business, economics, engineering or related financial or scientific discipline or equivalent experience. A Master's degree or JD is a plus.
Prefer eight or more years in an analytical role in a utility setting or equivalent experience, and experience as a manager or supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of electric market modeling and forecasting tools
- Advanced knowledge of applicable statutes, policies, rules, regulations and codes
- Advanced skills in using database applications
- Advanced skills with programming languages used in department
- Advanced analytical thinking skills
- Advanced business acumen
- Advanced knowledge of business process interrelationships
- Advanced change leadership skills
- Advanced knowledge of regulations and laws affecting the utility industry
- Advanced decision-making skills Intermediate organization management skills
- Advanced organization and prioritization skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills Intermediate resource management skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
Leader Practices: Drives Results, Plans and Aligns, Decision Quality, Drives Engagement, Courage
- This position requires a valid driver's license with a history of safe driving practice.
- Frequent driving within service territory
- Computer use (use computer regularly for entire work shift)
- Work takes place in an office environment.
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
This job posting will close at 12:01 am Pacific Time on the closing date listed below:
Apply on company website