This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon's largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: decarbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We're searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world's clean energy future!
This is a limited duration position that may last 6 months to 3 years.
As the attorney supporting of all company litigation, you will represent the company's interests and position by assessing legal, business and regulatory risks and advising the business in a variety of legal situations. You will support the company's work on clean energy imperatives, working across the organization and with outside counsel to understand all perspectives, including those of our customers, and identify risks, mitigation, and appropriate solutions.
You will utilize your legal knowledge and courtroom experience to:
- prepare and review written legal documents and provide legal analyses, interpretations and recommendations in compliance with policies and laws;
- evaluate issues and cases, including those that are complex;
- conduct research and investigations;
- initiate and prosecute claims on behalf of, and defend claims against, the company;
- draft pleadings;
- oversee and assist with discovery;
- recommend where appropriate the use and selection of outside counsel;
- manage and oversee outside counsel;
- select and prepare witnesses;
- represent the company in court and settlement proceedings;
- plan for and manage the trial process;
- identify and report on risks and mitigation;
- educate internal clients on mitigating litigation risks;
- oversee and manage outside counsel costs and litigation budgets; and
- exchange information, learn industry best practices and build relationships with other utilities' attorneys.
You will leverage your legal insights to build relationships both within and outside of the company that will strengthen the company's processes and procedures to solve problems before they result in litigation, and represent the company's interests and protect its reputation.
Our ideal candidate is a member of the Oregon Bar and has a deep understanding of the state and federal legal systems and community, and preferably knowledge of the regulatory environment of an investor-owned utility. That candidate is strategic, organizationally savvy, enjoys working with a variety of different teams and personalities, and can achieve results with minimal oversight. Our ideal candidate brings a positive, can-do, collaborative approach to the work. As a trial lawyer, the candidate has a solid legal track record both inside and outside the courtroom. That candidate has a strategic viewpoint and integrity beyond question.
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
This job posting will close at 12:01 am Pacific Time on the closing date listed below:2021-03-05-08:00
Apply on company website