This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon's largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We're searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world's clean energy future!Job Description
Design Project Manager, Internal Design
In this role, you'll provide electrical distribution project management. Design and manage projects from creation to construction. You will serve as a primary liaison from first contact to final closing on projects. This position will focus on distribution pole replacements. Strong project management, problem solving, and customer care required. Prefer a candidate with mapping and asset management project software experience. Prefer candidates with working knowledge of pole loading analysis tools and NESC requirements.
Key Job Information
Performs first-tier professional level assignments that require theoretical knowledge and application of principles and concepts. Typically requires a related college or university degree or the equivalent work experience. Note: Actual requirements vary by job. Solves recurring problems by applying advanced knowledge. Operates independently but also receives ongoing guidance and direction from others
- Project Management - Manages multiple projects (e.g., streetlighting, single family, residential, ranch runner, pole replacement, minor maintenance and small road widening) of varying size and at varying steps within the project process; delivers project results that provide timely, effective, reliable and workable construction designs and customer connections.
- Design Production - Conducts technical analyses and prepares complete designs using current design technology resources, including design software, drawings, material lists, design specifications, material specifications, corporate accounting, cost estimates, easements, permits, service requirements and line-extension agreements. Responsible for design decisions that reflect a cost-effective, reliable, safe, constructible/maintainable transmission and distribution system.
- Project Execution - Accountable for ensuring all steps of the project process are completed, considering timeliness and responsiveness to internal or external customers; effectively prioritizes and balances multiple tasks and projects to meet customer expectations; interprets and coordinates work with other PGE departments to fulfill project requirements; generally works independently but receives some direct supervision. Fulfills project requirements consistent with company tariff, design standards, NESC requirements and applicable codes.
- Customer Care - Serves as the primary point of contact on all assigned projects from first contact to final closing; consults with customers to identify requirements and translates them into design and service connection solutions consistent with tariff, company standards, requirements and applicable codes.
- Leadership and Consultation - Responds to questions from stakeholders; may provide information to newer team members.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering technology, computer-assisted design or other related field or equivalent experience.
- Typically, one or more years in utility operations or a related field.
- Requires a valid driver's license.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Working knowledge and application of all company standards and tariffs, company policy, applicable codes and local jurisdiction requirements.
- Basic knowledge of common engineering concepts and principles.
- Working knowledge of PGE's electrical system.
- Working knowledge of transmission and distribution standards and practices.
- Working knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Working skills in using computer design tools, including structural analysis, electric analysis, work management and GIS.
- Working ability to apply engineering and design concepts, PGE and industry standards and governing codes.
- Working ability to use project management concepts and skills in planning and executing projects. Working ability to effectively plan, organize, design, coordinate and manage multiple projects with changing timelines at different stages of the connection process.
- Working ability to work collaboratively in a teamwork environment with internal customers.
- Working analytical thinking skills.
- Basic business acumen.
- Basic creativity and innovation skills.
- Working decision-making skills.
- Working focus on customer skills.
- Working interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of the utility industry.
- Working problem-solving skills.
- Working written and oral communication skills.
Schedule / Attendance
- Ability to work long hours.
- Ability to work a variable schedule.
- Ability to report to work and perform work during periods of severe inclement weather.
- Ability to consistently meet attendance standards for regular, reliable, predictable, full-time attendance.
- Driving/travel/commute: Daily within service territory - Frequently (at least once a week or more)
- Computer use (use computer regularly for entire work shift)
- Lifting/pushing/pulling: Up to 10 lbs.
- Carrying: Up to 10 lbs.
- Unstable surfaces requiring balance (i.e., moving equipment, boats):
- Confined spaces
- Walking distances and surfaces (long distances and over rough, uneven or rocky surfaces)
- Stairs (over 10 steps)
- Ladders (over 10 rungs)
Environment - Indoor/Outdoor:
Join us today and power your potential!
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
This job posting will close at 12:01 am Pacific Time on the closing date listed below:2021-02-19-08:00
Apply on company website