The Safety Specialist will collaborate with operations personnel to integrate Health, Sanitation & Safety into all activities and decision making processes at the warehouse and transportation facility in Logan Township, NJ.
- Prevention of vehicle accidents and work related injuries
- Compliance with company policies, procedures, and agency regulations
- Warehousing and Transportation safety management
- Monitor and analyze H&S performance
- Provide communication to Operations' Leadership regarding performance status and make recommendations for improvement
- Monitor effectiveness of performance improvement efforts, with emphasis on both leading and trailing indicators
- Provide regulatory interpretations and updates, support for Operations' Leadership, oversee effective safety training
- Other projects as assigned by Director of Safety and Senior Operations Leadership
- Three years of OSHA and/or general industry safety management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of DOT, and OSHA regulations and requirements
- Knowledge of or experience with the following:
- Comprehensive knowledge of basic safety management techniques
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Effective team building skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, establish priorities, and accomplish goals & objectives
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word
- Bachelor's Degree
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location, complete Penske employment application, submit a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website