PenskeLogistics is looking for a Forklift Service Technician who will maintain ourfleet of electrical forklifts and pallet riders to include performing andlogging preventive maintenance inspections of all equipment.
- Maintain fleet of electrical forklifts and pallet riders
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections of all equipment
- Keep up Preventative Maintenance programs for the fleet
- Perform repairs as needed
- Maintain batteries for fleet
- Fill out accurate work orders daily
- Run computer-based diagnostics on forklifts
- Perform data entry for completed repairs
- Perform basic facility repairs including but not limited to dock plates, doors and racking
- Assist other technicians in equipment/facility repairs
- Comply with all safety standards and OSHA procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates within the scope of the position
- High School diploma or GED/HSE equivalent required
- 3 years of proven forklift equipment repair highly preferred
- Proficient in electronic, mechanical and hydraulic repair
- Familiarity with Crown equipment preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more and to crouch or crawl in confined spaces
- Must be able to read codes, instructions and electrical and hydraulic schematics
- Must possess own hand tools, some specialized tools will be provided
- Must possess a positive attitude, strong verbal and written communication skills
- A strong work ethic and sense of integrity is required.
- Must be flexible in shift assignments
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
The physical and mentaldemands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associateto successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
The associate will berequired to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember andanalyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructionsor guidelines.
While performing theduties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. Theassociate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, andto reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally liftand/or move up to 50lbs/23kg.
Specific visionabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
About Penske TruckLeasing:
Penske Truck LeasingCo., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of PenskeCorporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading globaltransportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles,employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Productlines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial andconsumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousingmanagement and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.gopenske.com/ tolearn more.
Apply on company website