The LLP Manager will manage a single customer account and execute the day to day operations which have Penske-wide implications and impact. The position will be the primary operational and strategic account owner as viewed by both Penske and Customer. Customer operation consists of but not limited to inbound shipment of parts and outbound shipments of final product and all the various entities utilized to perform such work (Suppliers, 3PL's, Carriers, etc.)
The LLP Manager is responsible to provide tactical direction and leadership to ensure customer requirements are met. This position will have direct responsibility over Operations Supervisors and each have a team of either Inbound or Outbound Load Planners/Customer Service associates. This position can also have direct control over off-site personnel performing other operations execution activities.
Managing these efforts will require cross-functional involvement within Penske Logistics, customers, vendors, suppliers and sometimes Penske Truck Leasing. Indirect coordination and management of the following support functions are critical to the success for the customer and position: Finance, Human Resources, Sourcing, Engineering, System Development, Product Line Leadership in Transportation Management (TM) / Distribution Center Management (DCM), and Dedicated Contract Services (DCC).
-Interview and hire salaried associates. Facilitate the recruitment and assignment of all personnel required within the organizational structure of the account. Defines duties, responsibilities and scope of authority.
-Conduct performance review, corrective action, and goal setting for team of salaried employees
-Provide career development, mentoring, and promotional opportunities to direct reports to create future leaders.
-Provide leadership to team members in identifying project risks early and guide them in developing appropriate mitigation plans.
- Utilize leadership skills to align, develop and lead a diverse workforce to a common goal.
-Ensure team has a strong focus on details and is thoroughly trained in the problem resolution process.
-Intervene when necessary to resolve issues between project managers, operations, functional teams and customers.
-Responsible for day-to-day execution of all account activities. Monitors carrier performance to optimize value delivered to the customer. Quickly resolve any operations issues to eliminate production loss or transportation service failures & communicate with customer.
- Understand freight flows and a diverse carrier base to solve complex customer supply chain challenges
-Responsible for the formalization of comprehensive project plans, clarifying timelines, milestones, goals and ownership.
- Review operating metrics and fix out-of-tolerance results.
-Understand how customer, supplier and vendor fleets work together and affect overall supply chain performance. - Recommend vendors and suppliers necessary to deploy logistics solution.
-Create and foster a relationship with the customer's logistics manager to facilitate operational stability.
Growth / Customer Experience:
-Manage the clients' expectations regarding our team's satisfactory performance & service execution.
-Work closely with customer's leadership and project team during scope development and option analysis phase.
-Proactively look for opportunities to grow existing operation & stay current on the customer's industry.
-Communicating all progress on a set cadence with customer and up through Penske covering KPI's and continuous improvement initiatives
-The position will have full responsibility of the accounts financials, profit/loss, forecasting and variance reporting.
-Thoroughly review account budget for accuracy and report inconsistencies and analysis. Identify issues and resolve with leadership.
-Continually evaluate account to assess whether deliverable will meet customer's needs at the contractual rates.
-Understand the P&L, budget and financial health of the operation.
-Instill in the operations leadership team that safe performance is a critical element required to achieve success and is recognized as an indicator of management effectiveness.
-Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Supply Chain required
- 3 - 5 years related functional experience in multiple supply chain service lines (transportation, warehousing, LLP, etc), required.
- 3 - 5 years managerial or supervisory experience, required.
- A strong understanding of operations and supporting technology, especially web based applications.
- Knowledge of Transportation Management and systems
- Successful track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
- Ability to meet & exceed weekly and monthly performance goals.
- Must be able to work with other departments to increase overall productivity for the company.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, written/oral communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Skill in the operation of MS Office software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website