Be a part of the best!
Penske Logistics named one of the best companies to work for by Forbes Magazine!
- Cash Balance Pension Plan
- GUARANTEED 8 hours paid each - will usually work 7 to 7.5 hours daily
- Great Perks / Car Purchase Discount
- New and well maintained trucks
- Truck drivers are responsible for delivering product (groceries) to customers
- Using a manual pallet jack to 1 or more stops and returning empty trays and trash.
- Move freight to edge of the trailer, warehouse receiver will take it from there
- Will drive approximately 120 to 130 miles in your route
- Will usually deliver to the same stores each route
- Dispatch will be between 1:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. on the days you are scheduled to work.
- This location operates 24 hours / day, 7 days / week. All drivers must be willing and able to work any days of the week, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Set schedule is determined after your first day of employment and training is completed
- 48' & 53' Refer Van Trailers
- $20.50 per hour
- Paid OT
-Loading, unloading, or assisting in loading and unloading truck.
-Safe and responsible operation of assigned equipment.
-Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines.
-Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage before and after route.
-Primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
-At least 23 years of age
-CDL Class A license required
-2 years of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience in the last 5 years
-3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations/accidents
-Reliable and customer oriented
-Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
-The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear cargo area.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website