Assist the Sales Manager with developing product awareness at the end user level in the assigned market segment and with dealers engaged in the sale and promotion of Company products. Assist with the development and implementation of sales promotions, sales tools, training, and merchandising programs and gather information on competitive activity and overall market conditions within the assigned market segment in order to increase market share and generate new business.
What You'll Do:
- Develops interest in Pelican's product range at the end user level.
- Assists with coordinating dealer organizations engaged in the sale and promotion of Company products within the assigned market segment.
- Assists with the implementation of the marketing plan covering the assigned market segment.
- Conducts on-site visits at end user and dealer organizations to determine competitive activity in the area, reviews status of current sales efforts, resolves problems, and ensures sales goals are being achieved.
- Conducts sales visits with existing and potential customers either in conjunction with Sales Manager and/or dealer representative or independently.
- Assists with trade shows, sales training, and sales promotional activity within the market segment to promote the sale of Company products.
- Plans and conducts periodic sales meetings to educate, train, and stimulate sales growth and keep dealer representatives aware of new products.
- Completes daily sales call input, feedback, follow-up and scheduling information using Pelican's chosen contact management system, in a timely manner according to guidelines established.
- Resolves customer service problems and coordinates expediting and shipping of Company products when necessary.
- Provides weekly reporting of pipeline and forecast.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in Sales
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. SAP experience a plus
- Working knowledge of sales techniques.
- Must have excellent knowledge of Company products, the dynamics of the assigned region, and Company sales strategies and approaches.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, persuasion and presentation skills.
- Actively supports and complies with Pelican's objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Emphasizes ethical leadership and decision-making to protect Pelican's brand and reputation.
- Establishes challenging, productive and achievable goals for direct reports; measure results by establishing checkpoints to track progress.
- Must be able to travel, nationally and internationally, as necessary.
Why Join Pelican? Here's a glimpse of Pelican Perks…
- Generous paid time off plans
- 401k plan – with a competitive match
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Established reputable brand offering premium products – you'll be proud to represent Pelican!
- On-Site Flu Shots – Free!
- Prime location – minutes away from the beach!
- Amazing employee discount program on Pelican Products
- Great Benefits – several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
- Wellness Discount Program
- Lucrative employee referral program – get paid to work with your trusted network.
- And more…
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply on company website