Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
Live in the Capital City, Competitive Compensation, Level-IV NICU
We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned neonatologist to join our NICU team of four neonatologists and three neonatal nurse practitioners at Charleston Area Medical Center (CAMC) Women and Children's Hospital in beautiful Charleston, West Virginia. CAMC Women and Children's Hospital, located on the banks of the Elk River, is the premier children's hospital in West Virginia's capital city. This position offers the opportunity to be a Clinical Associate Professor with WVU School of Medicine's Charleston Division.
- Level-IV, 30-bed NICU
- 3000 births, 1,226 NBN admits, 472 NICU admits, ADC of 24 in the NICU
- Neonatologists provide 24/7 in-house coverage with support from NNPs primarily in the newborn nursery (NNPs cover 12-hour shifts)
- Attendance at deliveries (459 last year)
- The unit is a teaching site for medical students and residents from WVU School of Medicine and West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine in Lewisburg, WV
- Consultative services are provided by pediatric sub-specialists representing more than 30 specialties, including pulmonary medicine, surgery, neurology, nephrology, infectious disease, hematology-oncology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and cardiology
- Ability to cover exclusively at nearby Level-II NICU in Thomas Memorial Hospital
- Candidates must have 3 or more years of experience in a busy Level-III/IV NICU
West Virginia offers natural wonders preserved in more than 200,000 acres of state parks and forests, with 800 miles of hiking trails and 5,000 acres of fishing waters. Charleston is the capital and largest city in West Virginia and is located at the juncture of three major interstates, providing easy access to surrounding areas. In addition to being a gateway city for recreational opportunities in the mountains and rivers throughout the surrounding region, Charleston is full of shopping, arts and culture, history, sports and family-friendly fun. The cost of living is low and the schools are excellent, with ten schools having earned exemplary status from the Office of Education Performance Audits. Kiplinger's has rated Charleston among the “Best Cities for Every Stage of Life.”
Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
*Our benefits include:
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 401(k) with annual matching program
- Advanced and continuing medical education
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount
- Professional liability insurance
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing
*These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
Mednax Services, Inc. is a national medical group. Over the last 40 years, through our network of over 3,500 clinicians in 39 states and Puerto Rico, we have reshaped care delivery within women's and children's specialties and subspecialties. Our clinical teams care for the unique population of high-risk pregnancies and critically ill infants and children in both hospital and ambulatory clinical settings. Over the years, clinicians practicing as part of Pediatrix and Obstetrix Medical Groups have used evidence-based tools, continuous quality initiatives, clinical research, and telemedicine to enhance patient experience, outcomes and provide high-quality, cost-effective patient care. Our nationwide team of almost 8,000 employees, including physicians, advanced practitioners, clinical leaders, business and operational experts who work together every day to fulfill our mission to take great care of the patient®. We invite you to join the Mednax family and help shape the future of health care.
MEDNAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
Apply on company website