Ready for a challenge that will leverage your experience and keep you on the edge of cyber security? Come join our Parsons Federal team, supporting the National Cyber Programs Directorate, and enjoy a career with some of the best professionals in the market. In this role you will: perform fundamental writing and editing tasks required in the preparation of proposals, presentations, reports, technical papers, newsletters, web sites, multimedia resources, marketing collateral, and other materials, as required. Our writers must exercise good interpersonal and technical skills while becoming familiar with required formats and standards. Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your experience will propel your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need our Tech Writers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Proofreads and performs routine editorial functions, including formatting and style sheet verification, copy editing, and some production planning.
- Ensures compliance of all assigned documents with their required presentation, correct use of paragraph headings and numbering, referencing of illustrative and tabular matter, and applicable bibliographic styles.
- Ensures consistency in application of technical abbreviations and acronyms, figure and table call outs and captions, and handling of boilerplate materials.
- Compiles and verifies tables of content, lists of figures and tables, references, and printer's dummy.
- Marks copy to provide word processors and graphic designers with clear, legible instructions relating to spacing, indentation, and changes or corrections.
- Conducts research in the preparation of copywriting assignments and verification of acronyms, terms, etc.
- Assists in the development of drafts and revisions for marketing collateral, Web sites, scripts, white papers, and other internal and external promotional and informational content.
- Works directly with senior technical editors or authors/requestors to review copy, illustrations, and other materials submitted for inclusion in assigned documents.
- Recommends improvements for accuracy of expression, project or company style, clarity, consistency, and grammatical construction.
- May recast text subject to review by the author/requestor.
- Assists in coordinating specific document production schedules by working with other technical writer/editors, authors/requestors, and required technical publications resources.
- Reviews and verifies materials after reproduction to ensure conformance to the printer's dummy.
- Serves as part of a functional team or works independently to complete assignments according to scheduled deadlines.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, English/Journalism or related field (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of related work experience, including proofreading and editing technical engineering publications, specifications, and proposals from rough draft through print ready.
- Good written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in keyboard skills and a working knowledge of MS Windows and related software including Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe InDesign.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, consistency, and clarity in conformance with required formats and standards.
- Some familiarity with production scheduling and related processes is preferred.
Active Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Apply on company website