Under the general direction of a business unit safety, health, and environmental (SH&E) director, assists the project manager in ensuring that the project's SH&E plans and work sites conform to Parsons' risk management practices and comply with the prevailing regulatory and client SH&E requirements. Reports organizationally to the project manager and functionally to a business group SH&E director.
- Assists the project manager with administering the project's SH&E programs.
- Audits the project and its work sites against corporate standards. Creates and submits written audit reports.
- Inspects work sites to detect hazards and provides expertise to project personnel to eliminate/control the SH&E risks associated with exposure to the hazards. Creates and submits written inspection reports.
- Monitors project work planning and performance and verifies that the planning and work performance conforms to Parsons' Environmental, Safety, Health, and Risk Program (ESHARP) and Parsons' policies and procedures.
- Effectively implements Parsons' occupational injury and incident reporting and management processes.
- Performs trends analyses on audit findings, inspection findings, and incident reports. Creates and submits regular analysis reports.
- Assists the project manager with new hire orientation.
- Participates in routine safe work briefings.
- Performs regulatory and best practice SH&E training. Creates and maintains SH&E training records.
- Performs the functions of quality control inspector as needed.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 4-year degree in occupational safety and health or related field (or equivalent experience) and at least 5 years of related work experience in the field of occupational safety and health.
- Must be OSHA 30 hour certified or EM 385 40 Hour certified with 5 years of continuous safety experience. Current certification (at least 24 hours) in Fall Protection preferred. Current certification as an Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Occupational Health and Safety Technologist (OHST), or Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals, or as a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) by the Institute of Hazardous Materials Management is a plus.
- Experience as a site safety and health officer (SSHO) on U.S. military installations.
- Certification from the Army Corps of Engineers in Quality Control System\Resident Management System (QCS\RMS) is a plus.
- Current CPR/1st Aid card
- Requires a working knowledge of federal and state SH&E regulations and reporting procedures, a working knowledge of safety-related national consensus standards (e.g., ANSI, NFPA), a working knowledge of the most recent EM 385-1-1 manual, and exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Experience performing quality control and maintaining associated documentation.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Apply on company website