SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Parkland Medical Center, an 86-bed acute care facility, is located in the heart of Derry, New Hampshire. We are a Trauma III facility that offers a wide range of services such as heart and vascular care, robotics surgery, interventional spine and pain care, and behavioral health. Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities.
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, dental and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Medical Assistant to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others. Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
- Record patients' medical history, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Computer skills with Microsoft Word and Excel; word processing skills.
- EHR (eClinicalWorks preferred).
- Knowledge of Medical Insurance specifically certification/re-certification.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology and abbreviations commonly used.
- Maintains supplies and department equipment according to department standards.
Promotes internal and external customer satisfaction.
Builds and promotes a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement.
Attendance: works as scheduled and is compliant with Attendance and Tardiness Policy.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent. Completion of a Medical Assistance program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website