Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you'll be part of a team that's providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you'll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America's Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Participates in Certified Educator Candidate (CEC) educational program, assists with administrative tasks related to Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE), Inc. accredited Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program, and provides spiritual counseling and guidance to patients, families, and hospital staff and performs or arranges for religious services to meet patient needs.
- Must have a Master¿s degree in Theology from an accredited institution OR equivalent education to meet requirements of ACPE Inc. CEC requirements.
- Must have at least four (4) units of Clinical Pastoral Education credit from an Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE), Inc, with two of those units at Level II.
- Must be ordained OR eligible for ordination and/or Ecclesiastical endorsement from a recognized religious body within one year from date of hire.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have excellent pastoral/relational skills.
- Must be able to work in an interfaith manner with patients and their loved ones.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to identify and solve problems in a timely manner. - Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills in meeting age related and handicapped patients¿ needs.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Apply on company website