At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Summary of Job Scope and Expectations:
The HR Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring that the company's HR policies and processes comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This position researches and monitors HR compliance requirements and keeps senior HR Compliance Manager and senior HR leadership informed. The HR Compliance Manager provides leadership on compliance and helps formulate the company's long-term strategy, working proactively with Legal and other departments on compliance-related issues as well as on any external audits conducted by government officials. This position is a mentor to a team of professionals working on various aspects of compliance, including I-9 compliance, leave of absence/FMLA, sick leave and other leave/time off policies, short-and-long-term disability benefits, reasonable accommodation, wage and hour and predictive scheduling.
Essential functions: The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
Descriptions • Responsible for ensuring HR policies and processes comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Partners with relevant HR function leaders, Operations and Legal to ensure compliance. Keep track of metrics and conduct audits for each compliance area to ensure compliance.
• Oversees HR compliance areas including I-9 and E-Verify compliance, wage and hour, leave of absence/FMLA and other leave/time off policies, short-and-long-term disability benefits, and reasonable accommodation. Responsible for coaching and developing Compliance associates and enhancing the team's performance.
• Researches and monitors changes in HR compliance requirements and informs senior HR Compliance Manager and senior HR leadership of any changes requiring modification of company policies and processes. • Leads in implementation of changes in policies and regulations governing compliance. Oversees and leads compliance-related projects and initiatives and proactively formulate risk mitigation strategies. Works with Legal, outside Counsel, and other departments on compliance-related issues and on any external audits conducted by government officials.
• Collaborates with the Learning & Development department to ensure appropriate training is provided to Operations and Support Center associates on compliance requirements and the company's compliance policies and processes. Oversees implementation of corrective action plans to ensure ongoing compliance.
• Leads on ad hoc project teams to address any deficiencies in HR compliance identified and develop or modify policies and processes to ensure ongoing compliance.
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in business administration and/or HR • Minimum five years of HR experience, with increasing management responsibility, preferably in a retail/hospitality environment • Successful completion of annual store training
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website