At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives." We invest in our people because great people run great operations that will exceed our guests' expectations. Talk to any of our associates and you will experience a culture dedicated to its mission and our five fundamental values- Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, and Giving.
Panda Restaurant Group includes the original Panda Inn fine dining restaurants, Panda Express, our Gourmet Chinese food concept served in a fast casual environment, and Hibachi San, our Japanese grill concept. The family owned and operated company is still run by founders Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
Panda offers competitive benefits and rewarding opportunities, from entry-level positions to management. We have restaurant positions available nationwide and support center positions in Rosemead, CA. Come join the nation's largest and fastest growing Asian restaurant company.
The HR Compliance Assistant supports and conducts basic compliance work, including review of electronic I-9 forms and E-Verify cases and pre-employment background checking. This position rotates through Compliance work to gain knowledge and proficiency in each area and provides administrative support to the Compliance team. The HR Compliance Assistant assists in the research, creation of presentations, spreadsheets, and reports related to I-9/E-Verify compliance and with criminal background checking initiatives.
Essential functions: The essential functions in this job description are not all-inclusive of this job's duties and responsibilities. Reliable and dependable attendance is required.
Descriptions • Assists with company's pre-employment background checking process. Contacts the hiring manager and/or candidate for additional information as directed by the Pre-Employment Checking Administrator.
• Determines whether the candidate is eligible to be hired based on Panda policies and state employment laws in the state where the open position is located and the results of the criminal background checking. May coordinate audit procedures and follow-up to support criminal background checking initiatives under guidance of supervisor.
• Reviews electronic I-9 forms and E-Verify cases daily for compliance with government rules and regulations and contacts associates to verify authorization to work in the US.
• Provides internal and external customer service related to I-9/E-Verify compliance as directed. Coordinates with associates on their providing acceptable types of work authorization documents.
• Follows up on outstanding compliance tasks to support compliance program initiatives. Reviews I-9 and E-Verify documentation and helps identify areas for correction.
• Assists in the creation of presentations, spreadsheets, and reports related to I-9/E-Verify compliance and with criminal background checking initiatives as required. Provides general administrative support to the Compliance team as requested.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field required • Minimum one year of administrative experience preferred • Successful completion of annual store training
Panda Restaurant Group's culture is strongly guided by our Mission and Values, highlighted on the Panda websites. We recommend all interested candidates become familiar with our Mission and Values, as well as the principles of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website